Dwayne Johnson is a retired professional actor, producer and wrestler. He is popularly known by his wrestling ring name, The Rock. Dwayne has had a very successful career in media where he has appeared in numerous movies and TV series.
Dwayne wrestled for the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) for eight years before pursuing his acting career. He got his first acting role in 2001, The return of the mummy. He played his first leading role in the spin-off The Scorpion King in 2002.
Dwayne Johnson’s profile summary
- Full Name: Dwayne Douglas Johnson
- Date of Birth: May 2, 1972
- Place of birth: Hayward, California, United States
- Age: 48 years old
- Nationality of Dwayne Johnson: American-Canadian
- Ethnicity: Afro-American
- Size: 6 feet 5 inches
- Weight: 118 kilograms
- Parents of Dwayne Johnson: Ata and Rocky Johnson
- Civil status: Married
- women: Lauren Hashian
- Profession: Retired actor, producer, professional wrestler
- Net value: $ 320 million
Biography of Dwayne Johnson
The actor was born on May 2, 1972 in Hayward, California, USA. Dwayne is the son of Ata Johnson (mother) and Rocky Johnson (father) a former professional wrestler.
Dwayne Johnson’s mother is Samoan. She is the adopted daughter of Peter Maivia. Dwayne Johnson’s father was a Black Canadian from Nova Scotia. He was among the first black tag team champions in WWE history.
Is The Rock black? Dwayne Johnson’s ethnicity is half-black and half-Samoan. He has an older brother called Curtis Bowles John. He was born in 1968. His older half-sister is Wanda Bowles.
Dwayne was raised by his mother’s family in New Zealand. He attended Richmond Road Elementary School in Gray Lynn. He was actively involved in rugby at school. Soon after, he returned to the United States and joined Montclaire Elementary School in Charlotte.
He later transferred to Shepherd Glen Elementary School and Hamden Middle School in Hamden, Connecticut. Dwayne attended several secondary schools. Here is a list of schools:
- President William McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Glencliff High School in Nashville, Tennessee
- McGavock High School in Nashville, Tennessee
- Freedom High School in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Due to his excellent field skills, he was offered several scholarships for his university studies. He opted to take a full scholarship from the University of Miami and played as a defensive tackle.
Dwayne graduated in 1995 with a BA in General Studies in Criminology and Physiology. He signed as a linebacker for the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League after graduating.
READ ALSO: Ethnic origin of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, nationality, parents, relationship with Heath Ledger
Professional wrestling career
After his football career ended, Dwayne decided to take up professional wrestling. Pat Patterson took Dwayne to various test matches. He beat The Brooklyn Brawler in one game and lost to Owen Hart and Chris Candido.
At one point, he won the USWA World Tag Team Championship. Dwayne signed a contract with WWF and received additional wrestling training from Tom Prichard. Later he took part in different wrestling matches.
Here is the detail of his wrestling career:
- 1996 to 1997 – debut and intercontinental champion
- 1997 to 1998 – The Nation of Domination
- 1998 to 2000 – WWF Champion and become a superstar
- 2000 – 2002 – Record world champion
- 2003 to 2004 – Final quarrels and first retirement
- 2007 to 2009 – appearances without a fight
- 2011 to 2013 – Feud with John Cena
- 2014 to present – sporadic appearances
- 2009 – Independent circuit
After retiring from professional wrestling, Dwayne decided to join the film industry. He immediately became a star thanks to his fame in wrestling and his remarkable work ethic. He has appeared in the following movies, TV shows and video games:
- 1999 – Beyond the mat
- 2011 – The return of the mummy
- 2001- Longshot
- 2002 – The Scorpion King
- 2003 – The summary
- 2004 – Walk with your head held high
- 2005 – Be cool
- 2005 – Condemn
- 2006 – Southland Tales
- 2006 – Redemption
- 2007 – Reno 911! Miami
- 2007 – The game plan
- 2008 – Get smart
- 2009 – Witch Mountain Race
- 2009 – Planet 51
- 2010 – The small mouse
- 2010 – Why did I get married too?
- 2010 – The other guys
- 2010 – You again
- 2010 – faster
- 2011– Fast Five
- 2012 – Journey 2: the mysterious island
- 2013 – Snitch
- 2013 – GI Joe: Retaliation
- 2013 – Pain and Gain
- 2013 – Fast and furious
- 2013 – Empire State
- 2014 – Hercules
- 2015 – Furious 7
- 2015 – San Andreas
- 2016 – Central intelligence
- 2016 – Moana
- 2017 – The fate of the furious
- 2017 – Baywatch
- 2017 – Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
- 2018 – Rampage
- 2018 – Skyscraper
- 2019 – Fight with my family
- 2019 – Hobbs and Shaw
- 2019 – Jumanji: the next level
READ ALSO: Michael Ealy, ethnicity, wife, parents, siblings, net worth, TV shows
- The 70s show
- The Internet
- Star Trek: Voyager
- Saturday Night Live
- Cory in the house
- Hannah montana
- the Wizards of Waverly Place
- Children’s Choice Award 2009
- Family guy
- Processor premium
- The hero
- Telephone alarm clock
- Lip sync battle
- 20016 MTV Movie Awards
- Safety rope
- Titan games
- Young Rock
- 2002 – The Scorpion King: Rise of the Akkadian
- 2006 – Spy Hunter: nowhere to run
- 2015 – Brawlhalla
- 2019 – Jumanji: The Video Game
- 2020 – Dreams
- 2020 – The King of All-Star Fighters
Dwayne Johnson wife and children
Her first marriage was to Dany Garcia, her classmate at the University of Miami. They got married on May 3, 1997. After ten years of union, the couple decided to separate.
Johnson was fortunate enough to find love again in 2007. He started dating Lauren Hashian, who is an American singer and songwriter. Dwayne has three beautiful daughters.
The old one is called Simone Alexandra Johnson. She is 18 years old. The last two daughters (Jasmine and Tiana) were born in 2015 and 2018 respectively. Simone’s mother is Dany while Jasmine and Tiana are Lauren’s daughters with Johnson.
Johnson’s films have grossed more than $ 3.5 billion in North America. This makes him one of the highest grossing players of all time. As of 2020, he had an estimated net worth of $ 320 million.
Dwayne Johnson is one of the biggest and most successful celebrities in the world. He is a wrestling legend and one of the most sought after actors.
READ ALSO: Destiny Etiko biography: age, parents, net worth, boyfriend, photos
Yen.com.gh shared Destiny Etiko’s bio on April 2. She is a household name and a respected actress when it comes to the Nollywood entertainment industry.
Destiny is a beautiful and confident woman who pursues what she desires. She has created a niche in the competitive industry that requires talent and uniqueness to stay relevant.
- Nana Akufo-Addo age, children, wife, siblings, education, Etika and contact details
- Jordan Ayew Bio: wife, kids, parents, salary, controversies, cars, house
- Ariana Grande ethnicity, nationality, parents, siblings, grandparents