In a new blog post, Microsoft announced the arrival of Clarity Boost, a feature exclusive to Xbox Cloud Gaming on the Microsoft Edge browser that “uses a set of client-side scaling improvements to improve visual quality. of the video stream “. Based on the sample image below that Microsoft included in the blog post, Clarity Boost makes noticeable improvements in image sharpness and overall level of detail.
Currently, Clarity Boost is only available through the (free) Microsoft Edge Canary browser, which is a version of Edge that Microsoft often uses to test new features, additions, and changes. However, Microsoft has said that Clarity Boost will be available for all Microsoft Edge users by 2022, which means you won’t have to wait long to use Clarity Boost if you’re not a Microsoft Edge Canary fan.
Buy Cyber Monday deals on: Amazon | Walmart | Best Buy | Microsoft | Dell
To try Clarity Boost, Microsoft says you will need to do the following:
- To download Microsoft Edge Canary
- To confirm that you are in Microsoft Edge Canary, go to edge: // settings / help to make sure you are using version 96.0.1033.0 or later.
- To activate Clarity Boost, go to www.xbox.com/play, login and start a game
- Open the more actions (…) menu
- Select the Enable clarity enhancement option.
To access Xbox Cloud Gaming, you must have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Subscriptions for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate are typically $ 15 / month, although sometimes Microsoft sells subscriptions for as low as $ 1.
We can earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.