This is the 15th all-time meeting between the UNT and OSU. The Cowgirls have won 13 of the first 14 contests between the two schools, including an 82-68 victory over UNT on December 22, 2020 the last time they played.
UNT will be looking for their third win of the young season as they come into the game having lost three of their last four games.
OSU heads into the contest at 6-2 overall with its only losses to Purdue and Kent State.
Catch up with the cowgirls
- Oklahoma State heads into the game at 6-2 overall, with wins over Florida State and Missouri State among others on their resume.
- The Cowgirls are led by freshman head coach Jacie Hoyt, who comes to OSU after a successful five-year stint in Kansas City.
- OSU is led offensively by fifth-year redshirt Naomie Alnatas, who is averaging 15.6 points per game this season. Alnatas scored in double figures in five of the last six games of the year.
- Claire Chastain and Lexy Keys are both averaging over 10.0 points per game, with Chastain averaging 12.5 points and Keys 11.5.
- Saturday’s contest will be a test of Mean Green’s 3-point defense as the Cowgirls enter the game ranked 16th in the nation averaging 9.2 3-pointers per game.
- Senior Quincy Noble leads UNT offensively with 17.7 points per game this season, a number that ranks third in C-USA. Noble has scored in double figures in each of North Texas’ last five games.
- Junior Tommisha Lampkin enters the game having posted a double-double in back-to-back games against Montana St. and UT Arlington. Lampkin has three double-doubles this season, good for first in C-USA and tied for 30th nationally. In six games, Lampkin is averaging 10.7 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
- UNT have been one of the best teams in the country to defend the 3-point line so far this season. In six games, the Mean Greens hold their opponents just 19.1% from beyond the arc, a mark that ranks fourth in all of Division I.
- For the second year in a row, Noble earned a spot on the All-Conference preseason team. A year after being named 2020-21 Co-Preseason Player of the Year, Noble found herself honored by C-USA again after being selected as the All C-USA second team winner a while ago. a season.
Back to UT Arlington
- Lampkin recorded its second straight double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds, but UNT was unable to overcome an early deficit against UT Arlington, losing 76-58.
- Lampkin now has three double-doubles this season and had four offensive rebounds in the contest as UNT fell to 2-4 on aggregate this season.
- Senior Quincy Noble and freshman Ereauna Hardaway both also scored in double digits for UNT as Noble finished with 13 points and Hardaway set a new career high with 12.
- UTA took an early lead, starting the game on a 13-3 run and didn’t look back from there as they never trailed in the contest.
Be sure to follow North Texas Women’s Basketball on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@MeanGreenWBB) for news and updates throughout the season.