The hackers behind Windows 10 and Windows 10X for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL have released updated images and a new driver pack for the devices which brings a number of bug fixes and improvements, Gustave Monce calling it their most stable version to date.
Recently I updated the drivers used in the LumiaWOA project (https://t.co/FgdhyzsUwq).
This is our most stable release to date, I think, and for the occasion we have made many FFUs available so that users have a choice of OS version.
Cleanups, bug fixes, specification upgrades
– Gustave Monce (@ gus33000) May 9, 2021
Unfortunately, Windows 10X images are not included in this release, but (much like the official version) they can be released later.
The update brings the following changes and improvements:
- [ADDED] You can now get the unique ICan0 GUID value from the registry. For more information see https://t.me/LumiaWOA_Announcements/257
- You can now turn off the double tap to wake up in the settings app.
- General refactoring
- Add the Icaros ESP camera drivers to the tree, replacing the previous stubs (COREBSPNT # 104)
- General Lattice UC120 Driver Improvements (N / A)
- Implements keyboard support on the scanner driver (COREBSPNT # 126)
- Changes the default Glance screen settings to not display the default background (COREBSPNT # 130)
- Adds ARM32 specific definition files for ARMv8.0 devices that previously only had ARM64 (COREBSPNT # 123)
- Divide the mobile bridge into sub-services (COREBSPNT # 102/103, GH # 22 / # 12)
- Modular services for cellular, audio, sensors and panel.
- Fixed 2 crash issues with GPU driver and Camera AV Stream driver
- Fixes an at-a-glance issue where the service may stop while attempting to initialize the InteropRPC interface (COREBSPNT # 124)
- Fixes an issue where the touch driver checked the wrong registry name for a double tap to wake up (COREBSPNT # 126)
- Fixes an issue where the touch settings app could not change the registry value for double tap to wake up (COREBSPNT # 126)
- Fixes an issue where some HID collections for the touch driver were not registered correctly with the operating system (COREBSPNT # 127)
- Fixes an issue where some drivers did not correctly follow the DIRID 13 specification (always WIP in the tree) (COREBSPNT # 102/103, GH # 22 / # 12)
- Fixes an issue where the phone may not correctly record cable / charging events (COREBSPNT # 128)
- Resolves an issue where charging may be slow when plugging in certain types of charger (COREBSPNT # 128)
- Fixes an issue where activating Cortana did not work (COREBSPNT # 125)
- Fixes an issue where Connected Standby would not register properly due to an unregistered PoFx (Digitizer Power) device, replace the previously stubbed driver with a correct implementation (COREBSPNT # 126)
- Fixes an issue where some devices like hapanero had broken contact with recent touch driver updates (COREBSPNT # 126)
- Fixes an issue with broken audio on 8994/2 (COREBSPNT # 129)
- Fixes issue with broken OEMPanel settings on 8994/2 (COREBSPNT # 129)
- Fixes an issue where MTP might have been interrupted with recent updates (COREBSPNT # 131)
- Fixes an issue where the icon for MTP was broken (COREBSPNT # 131)
- Fixes an issue with ARM32 UWP apps not displaying correctly
- Fixes an issue with passing ColorProfile from Action Center placing invalid values in the registry, which breaks the settings application
- Fixes an issue with the installation that may fail with driverupdater when updating an already running system
- Fixes an issue with the audio driver may install bootloop on newer versions
- Fixes an issue with USBFN not working as it should
- Fixes an issue with the Touch Settings app having an empty section
- Addresses an issue with new Insider builds looping during installation
- Fixes an issue with NFC
- Fixes an issue with the greyed out ColorProfile toggle (it’s smart enough now that this doesn’t happen again)
- Fixes an issue with DPI not changing
- Fixes an issue with Camcore not installing
- Resolves an issue with power settings not being applied
- Fixes an issue with Connected Standby
- Resolves an issue with alarms not functioning properly in standby
- Fixes an issue with Cellular on older versions
The Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL images have the following known issues, some of which may be due to Windows 10 or Windows 10X itself.
- Under certain circumstances, the Lumia 950 (“Talkman”) may not restart correctly. Stop the device by other means (developer menu / Flash application and THOR2). This happens during setup, where the device will show a black screen
- Cameras are not available
- Windows Hello Iris scanner is not available
- Hyper-V is not available
- SD card boot is not available
- Battery life is degraded
- The GPS battery does not use any sensors for navigation
- Miracast does not work with many wireless devices, but works fine on Xbox and Windows 10 computers
- Graphics problems can be observed with acrylic effects on constructions less than or equal to 20100
- Graphics issues can be seen on shadows
- MTP may not start if the device is plugged in a second time, stop the NcsdService to fix the problem through the task manager
- Dual SIM devices are not supported for cellular, don’t expect cellular to work properly
- DirectX is not available for x86 and amd64 applications
- Microphone level under Settings is stuck at 50%
- The phone may not boot reliably or have random reboots when the battery drops below 50% on some devices, if all cores are on.
To work around this problem, you can run “bcdedit / set numproc 4” to deactivate the second primary cluster
- No VoLTE
- No VoWiFi
- No cellular data sharing
- Phone calls require manual provisioning by the user on versions greater than 18908
- Text messages are not available on versions greater than 18908
- Some users may find themselves unable to send texts on build 18908 and earlier versions. To resolve this issue, open regedit on
device, go to HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Messaging IMEISpecific (or IMSISpecific), right click, go to security
Press advanced, press change owner, in the dialog that opens, type “Everyone” (without quotes), press check names
press ok, press ok. Tap ALL APP PACKAGES, select “ full control ”, do the same for the other accounts listed (optional)
Apply and close regedit.
- It may be necessary to specify an APN for some users in order to operate cellular data.
- Cellular is not available on builds below 17672.
- Some pilots and mainly sensors will not work on RS3 (16299).
- Current issues with the glance screen:
When the glance screen expires after the specified time, the screen may not turn off, it still needs investigation, but the problem can only be two things:
– either the device is out of S0ix and is sleeping at a lower level, because the wifi is not connected for example, as a result the Glance service is unable to take measurements, this is a problem
– or, the Glance service tries to clear the screen, (there is a specific panel driver command to do this), and for some reason it fails.
This specific problem may take some time to be completely resolved.
The following status notifications are not implemented in port / non-functional in wrapper libraries:
– Battery saver indication
– Ringing indication (vibration activated, silence activated)
– Alarm indication
– Detailed text indication
– Notification badges
The following functionality is not implemented:
– Wake up with just one click
Hardware specific faults
- A considerable number of Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL devices do not work properly with the HP lapdock when using a wired connection
How to install
Read the full instructions on the Lumia-WOA Github page here.
Check out the work on the team’s GitHub page here.