Kentucky quarterback Will Levis is one of the top prospects regardless of position as we look to the 2023 NFL Draft. A three-star recruit from Xavier High School in Connecticut, Levis played with sparingly in two seasons at Penn State before establishing himself as one of the top NFL Draft prospects at Kentucky in 2021. He cut through SEC defenses with his arm and legs, throwing for 2,827 yards and 24 touchdowns while running for nine other scores. While he didn’t have as much success last season — a porous offensive line, lackluster offensive weapons and multiple injuries each contributed — he has a skill set that should translate well into the pro ranks.
Below is a full draft profile for Levis, including his high school and college accolades, scouting report and NFL scouting prospects.
Note: This profile will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Age: 23
- Year: senior red shirt
- Height: 6-3
- Mass: 232
- Hometown: Madison, Connecticut
- Fun fact: Known for sometimes putting mayonnaise in his coffee (look)
Position: No. 3 QB | Globally: Number 6
“Levis has the tall, athletic build that has long been considered the prototype of an NFL quarterback. He has more mobility and strength in his arms. putting him at risk of injury.The Penn State transfer has to do a better job of marrying his lower body with his upper body to improve accuracy.He deserves more credit for going through progressions and showing the nuance of hold defenders with his eyes. NFL teams will appreciate that he worked in the Rams and 49ers offensive systems in consecutive years.” — CBS Sports NFL Draft Analyst Josh Edwards
|2020 (Penn State)||8||60.0||421||1||0|
|2019 (Penn State)||7||59.6||223||2||2|
|2020 (Penn State)||8||82||260||3.2||3|
|2019 (Penn State)||7||51||213||4.2||3|
- 2021: Two-time FBS National Offensive Player of the Week
- 2021: 2 times Manning Award Quarterback of the Week
- Career: Fourth in program history in 300-yard passing games (six), fifth in touchdowns (43) and sixth in passing yards (5,233)
- 2021: Seventh player in school history to reach 3,000 total rushing yards in a season
- 2021: Most assists (24) in a single season since 2007
- 2021: Only Kentucky QB to play two games in a season with three passing touchdowns and two rushing touchdowns
- 2021: First Kentucky QB with at least 15 passing touchdowns and five rushing touchdowns in a season since 2003
High school: Xavier (Middletown, Connecticut)
To classify: 2018
Composite rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (0.8689)
- National: 652 | Pro-style QB: 28 | Connecticut: 2
High School Honors: Offensive Player of the Year (Hartford Courant), Second Team Walter Camp All-Connecticut
Check out Will Levis’ full profile on 247Sports here. For his MaxPreps profile, click here.