The first round of Road To UFC took place in June at Singapore Indoor Stadium ahead of UFC 275: Teixeira vs Prochazka, the UFC’s first-ever Pay-Per-View event in Southeast Asia. Sixteen athletes won and qualified for the semi-finals to compete in Abu Dhabi.
RECAP: Road to UFC results and scoreboard | Round 1
Here are the official results:
- Flyweight: SeungGuk Choi defeats Rama Supandhi by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Bantam-weight: Toshiomi Kazama defeats Maiaituoheti Keremuaili by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Lightweight: Yi Zha defeats Keisuke Sasu via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:14 of Round 1
- Lightweight: WonBin Ki defeats Jinnosuke Kashimura by TKO (strikes) at 4:45 of Round 1
- Mid-heavyweight: Zhang Mingyang defeats Tuco Tokkos by KO (punches) at 3:57 of Round 1
SeungGuk Choi managed to stop his opponent Rama “Hellboy” Supandhi in the last 90 seconds of the quarter-finals to secure his place in the semi-finals. However, Choi was not entirely satisfied with his performance when asked about it.
He spoke with UFC.com about what he hopes to show in the next round of the competition.
“I’m not happy with the move I made, but obviously I’m happy to have won.”
Determined to prepare better for his next fight, he said: “I will train and improve my strength, my striking and my skills. I’m happy to be closer to the UFC and I’m going to work hard to get there.
WATCH UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Lewis vs. Spivac