Give and Go Prepared Foods Corp. voluntarily recalls certain muffins due to possible listeria contamination.
The muffins were sold nationwide under various brands, including Uncle Wally’s, and store brands including Walmart, 7-Eleven and Stop & Shop, according to a recall notice posted on the Food and Drug website. Administration.
“Consumers who have these products should immediately throw out the products and not eat them,” the company said in the recall. (The list of affected products is shown below.)
Listeria can cause common food poisoning symptoms, such as diarrhea and fever, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. But it can also cause a serious illness, known as invasive listeriosis, when the bacteria spread beyond the intestine to other parts of the body.
► Save better, spend better: Money tips and advice delivered straight to your inbox. register here
►Free Food Alert:Taco Bell offers free Flamin ‘Hot Doritos Locos Tacos Thursday for Bucks’ NBA Finals win
Symptoms of a serious illness usually appear one to four weeks after eating contaminated food, but symptoms can appear as late as 10 weeks after.
Adults 65 years of age or older, pregnant women, and people with weakened immune systems are at greater risk for serious illness from listeria, according to the CDC.
Walmart brands affected by the recall include Guaranteed Freshness, Marketside and Great Value.
Give and Go said it became aware of the problem as part of its “environmental monitoring program” and that it had not received any reports of “disease related to this problem and that it was taking this action out of caution.”
Consumers who have questions about the recall can call 1-844-366-1171 for more information. The company said consumers should “take note of the product lot code, which is on the label, and provide it if they contact us.”
► Schedules for Costco seniors:Costco Reverses Course, To Keep Hours Reduced For Seniors As COVID-19 Cases Rise Across Country
► Sunscreen reminder 2021:J&J recalls certain Neutrogena and Aveeno sunscreens due to presence of benzene
The company claims that the following products are affected by specific UPC numbers, at best by dates or lot numbers.
Here are the recalled muffins:
- Uncle Wally’s Twin Muffins – Blueberry 3.75 oz: UPC 759313-89104 0; dates August 29 and September 5
- Uncle Wally’s Twin Muffins – Chocolate Chip (3.75 ounces): UPC 759313-04104 9; dates August 29 and September 5
- Uncle Wally’s Twin Muffins – Banana Nut (3.75 oz): UPC 759313-89204 7; dates August 29 and September 5
- Uncle Wally’s Twin Muffins – Blueberries, Chocolate Chips & Banana Nuts (3.75 ounces, 20 units per tray, 6 trays per case): UPC 759313-89190 3; dates August 29 and September 5
- The Worthy Crumb Assorted Large Muffins – Blueberry Streusel (3.6 oz): UPC 7 70981-49136 3; date of August 28
- The Worthy Crumb Assorted Large Muffins – Banana & Nut (3.6 oz): UPC 7 70981-49137-0; date of August 28
- The Worthy Crumb Assorted Large Muffins – Double Chocolate (3.6 oz): UPC 7 70981-49135 6; date of August 28
- The Worthy Crumb Assorted Large Muffins – Blueberry Streusel / Banana Nut / Double Chocolate (3.6 ounces, 16 units per tray): UPC 7 70981-49124 0; date of August 28
- Stop n Shop 12-count Mini Muffin Blueberry Streusel (12 ounces): UPC 216055 003990, lot codes GBF1C and GBM1C
- Stop n Shop Mini Corn Muffins 12 units (12 ounces): UPC 216053 003992; batch codes GBM1C, GCD1C and GCK1C
- 7-Eleven Selects Mini Banana Nut Muffins Three Pack (2.6 ounces, 16 units per tray / 6 trays per case): UPC 0 52548-67883 8; lot codes GCJ1A and GCD1A
- 3-Pack 7-Eleven Selects Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins (2.6 ounces, 16 units per tray, 6 trays per case): UPC 0 52548-62095 0; lot codes GCC1A and GCJ1A
- Freshness Guaranteed Blueberry Streusel / Mini Strawberry Streusel Muffins (12 ounces, 10 per case): UPC 078742-32200 1, lot codes GBK1A, GBE1A, GCE1A and GCL1A
- Guaranteed freshness mini party cake muffins (12 ounces, 10 per case): UPC 078742-36778 1; batch codes GBE1C, GBL1C, GCJ1C and GCD1C
- Guaranteed freshness mini chocolate chip muffins (12 ounces, 10 per case): UPC 078742-08935 5; batch codes GBD1C, GBK1C, GCC1C and GCJ1C
- Guaranteed freshness mini blueberry streusel muffins (12 ounces, 10 per case): UPC 078742-08937 9; lot codes GBC1C, GBJ1C, GBD1A, GBK1A, GCD1A and GCK1A
- Freshness Guaranteed Blueberry Streusel / Mini Banana Nut Muffins (12 ounces, 10 per case): UPC 078742-36804 7; lot codes GBJ1A, GBD1A, GCE1A and GCL1A
- Mini Banana Nut Muffins (12 ounces, 10 per case): UPC 078742-36779 8; batch codes GBL1C, GBF1C, GCD1C and GCK1C
- Great Value Chocolate Chip Muffin Snack (12 ounces, 8 per case): UPC 078742-33100 3; lot codes GBC1B, GBJ1B, GCJ1B and GCD1B
- Great Value Banana Nut Snack Muffins (12 ounces, 8 per case): UPC 078742-35747 8; batch codes GBJ1B, GBD1B, GCC1B and GCJ1B
- Great Value Blueberry Snack Muffins (12 ounces, 8 per case): UPC 078742-20120 7; batch codes GBI1B, GBC1B, GCI1B and GCC1B
- Great Value Chocolate Chip Brownie Snack Cutter (12 ounces, 8 per case): UPC 078742-33099 0; batch codes GCB1B and GCI1B
- Marketside Tri-Chocolate Muffins (14 ounces, 9 per case): UPC 681131-40073 2; batch codes GBJ1C, GBD1C, GCI1C and GCC1C
- Market Strawberry Cream Muffins (14 ounces, 8 per case): UPC 681131-41133 2; batch codes GCB1C and GCI1C
- Worthy Crumb Oreo Mini Muffins Three Pack (2.6 oz): UPC 7 70981-16726 8; batch codes GBL1A, GBF1A, GCB1A and GCI1A; dates August 23 and 26
- The Worthy Crumb Oreo Three Mini Muffin Tray (10 x 2.6 oz): UPC 7 70981-16731 2; batch codes GBL1A, GBF1A, GCB1A and GCI1A; dates August 23 and 26
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko.