May 4, 2021
VBox Communications, an expert in broadcasting and recording live TV programs, announced the ATSC 3.0 Android TV gateway, implementing the addition of ATSC 3.0 reception and streaming capability to their TV Gateway product line, running the certified Android TV operating system, offering both online streaming services and up to 4K Live TV channels at home, using just one box.
The ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway is a unique device, which offers reception of the new ATSC 3.0 standard, allowing:
1) ATSC 3.0 reception via ROUTE and DASH protocols.
2) HDMI connection for viewing ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0.
3) Stream 4K HEVC and Dolby AC-4 Audio video to compatible devices.
4) Electronic service guides.
5) Advanced emergency alerts.
6) Redesign of content to many devices connected to the network (mobile phones, tablets, computers and television screens).
7) Supply of SDKs to enable third-party developments.
The product offers a unique approach to tackling video networking functionality under the new ATSC 3.0 standard, which sees increasing deployments across the United States, targeting content delivery companies, service providers, SDK provisioning to Android and Linux application developers, as well as home users who benefit from receiving and using the ATSC 3.0 signal in many ways.
“Not only does our product allow users to stream and record their favorite content, allowing them to watch it wherever they go, but we have implemented the ATSC 3.0 standard, introducing the most popular Android device. The newest and most advanced on the market that receives clear video at the highest signal quality, for viewing anywhere and on any device, ”said Jonathan Rind VBox, Chief Marketing Officer. “This product helps to implement and make the innovative ATSC 3.0 protocol accessible to the broadcasting industry and its introduction opens up a plethora of new developments, new applications and a new level of viewing quality.”