LAS VEGAS — MMA Junkie was on the scene reporting live on Friday’s official UFC 282 fighter weigh-ins.
The first weigh-ins took place at the UFC’s host hotel in Las Vegas and precede the fan weigh-ins, which take place at 4 p.m. ET at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The nearby T-Mobile Arena hosts Saturday’s event, which has a main card on pay-per-view after the preliminaries on ESPN2 and the first preliminaries on ESPN+.
Among those weighing in were former light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz (29-9 MMA, 12-6 UFC) and Magomed Ankalaev (18-1 MMA, 9-1 UFC), who are battling for the vacant title, and Jared Gordon (19-5 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Paddy Pimblett (19-3 MMA, 3-0 UFC), who meet in the lightweight co-feature, were all on track for their respective bouts.
The only blemish in the session came from preliminary fighter Daniel da Silva, who was three pounds overweight for his flyweight bout against Vinicius Salvador. The promotion later announced that the fight had been canceled “due to a medical issue”.
Full UFC 282 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Jan Blachowicz (204.5) vs. Magomed Ankalaev (205) – for vacant light heavyweight title
- Jared Gordon (155.5) vs. Paddy Pimblett (156)
- Alex Morono (179.5) vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio (179.5) – 180-pound catchweight
- Dricus Du Plessis (185) vs. Darren Till (184.5)
- Bryce Mitchell (146) vs. Ilia Topuria (146)
PRELIMINARY MAP (ESPN2/ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Jay Perrin (136) vs. Raul Rosas Jr. (136)
- Chris Daukaus (242.5) vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik (261.5)
- Dalcha Lungiambula (185.5) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185.5)
- Joaquin Buckley (185.5) vs. Chris Curtis (186)
PRELIMINARY MAP (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Alexander Hernandez (145.5) vs. Billy Quarantillo (146)
- TJ Brown (145.5) vs. Erik Silva (146)
- Daniel da Silva (129)* vs. Vinicius Salvador (126)
- Steven Koslow (136) vs. Cameron Saaiman (135)
* Da Silva missed the flyweight limit by 3 pounds; fight canceled