Kamaru Usman and Jorge Masvidal will meet again at UFC 261 for their highly anticipated welterweight title rematch.
Usman defended his world crown with a unanimous decision victory over Masvidal last July.
He has since also seen Gilbert Burns and is now preparing to face ‘Gamebred’ again.
Masvidal hasn’t fought since that loss at UFC 251 and is eager to prove he’s the real deal against Usman this time around.
There will be three title fights at UFC 261 with Zhang Weili against Rose Namajunas and Valentina Shevchenko against Jessica Andrade also on the schedule.
UFC 261: start date and time
The main event is scheduled to take place in the early hours of Sunday 25 April for UK fans.
It is held at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida.
British fans can expect the card to start around 3 a.m. on Sunday morning, with the title fight between Usman and Masvidal likely to start from 6 a.m.
UFC 261: TV and Live Streaming
UFC 261 will not be a pay-per-view event in the UK and instead will be broadcast on BT Sport 1 with their coverage starting at 1 a.m.
It will be streamed live on BT Sport’s website and app for subscribers.
EE mobile customers will be able to get a FREE three-month trial of BT Sport by texting SPORT at 150. You can then cancel the trial at any time.
The first preliminary matches will be broadcast on the UFC Fight Pass and in the United States, all preliminary fights will be broadcast simultaneously on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN + in English and Spanish.
UFC 261: Fight Card
Subject to change
- MAIN EVENT: Kamaru Usman (c) vs. Jorge Masvidal, welterweight
- Zhang Weili (c) against Rose Namajunas, female strawweight
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jessica Andrade, female flyweight
- Chris Weidman vs. Uriah Hall, middleweight
- Anthony Smith vs. Jimmy Crute, light heavyweight
- Alex Oliveira vs. Randy Brown, welterweight
- Dwight Grant vs. Stefan Sekulic, welterweight
- Karl Roberson vs. Brendan Allen, middleweight
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Kevin Natividad, bantamweight
- Kazula Vargas vs. Rong Zhu, lightweight
- Qileng Aori vs. Jeffrey Molina, flyweight
- Na Liang against Ariane Carnelossi, female strawweight
- Jamey Simmons vs. Johnny Munoz, bantamweight
UFC 261: odds
Kamaru Usman – 1/4
Jorge Masvidal – 3/1
UFC 261: What Was Said?
Kamaru Usman: “Honestly, [in the first fight] I don’t think I broke it like I wanted to break it.
“There’s something that satisfies me when I fight guys and that’s what I think Jon talked about years ago.
“When you’re out there with that opponent, there’s an intimate moment where only you and this guy know what’s going on.
“Only you and this guy know how hard he hits you, only you and this guy know how hard I’m going to hit him.” And with Masvidal, I don’t think I completely broke him like I wanted to.
“With everyone, I know when I broke them. I know when I broke their minds, I know when I broke their hearts, but with him I don’t feel like I’ve completely arrived.
“That’s what I’m really looking for, that’s what makes me addicting, that’s why I keep doing this.” Being able to push the guy to where when they wake up in the morning and they have to think about me, they just know, ‘This guy is better than me.’ “