Twitter started testing the concept of ephemeral messages some time ago to get on the “ story ” train, much like Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook. Now, the micro-blogging platform has made its functionality “Fleets”, a way to publish official disappearing messages in India. The new feature is currently being tested in the country and Twitter welcomes comments for the same. As a reminder, the functionality is still in the testing phase by Brazil and Italy.
The Twitter version of Stories lets you share posts you want to download for a short time. Like other social media platforms, fleets can be viewed by anyone if the Twitter profile is public and appears at the top of the Twitter feed. Since the ability to post missing posts on Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp and Snapchat is like a daily routine, here’s how you can do it on Twitter as well.
How to publish Twitter “fleets” on Android, iOS?
You need to follow these simple steps to be able to start posting pop-up messages on Twitter and set up your social media game on Twitter as well:
- Open Twitter on your Android or iOS smartphone
- Once you’re on your Twitter feed, you’ll see a band of messages circled at the top of the feed. Just like Snapchat, Instagram and more, users’ PD will appear with a blue circle, suggesting that a new fleet has been published by them
- You must press your circled profile photo just below your RFP in the upper left corner
- Once selected, you can write your “ephemeral thought” or upload a photo, video or GIF by selecting these options below
- Once done, you need to hit the Fleet option and you’re done
As a reminder, Fleets will disappear from your Twitter after 24 hours and is currently available on Twitter for Android and iOS.
Latest technology reviews, news and more
Coronavirus control: full coverage