Pelicans (22-28) at Nets (35-16)
7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
• The “Big 3” Nets of Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and James Harden have only played seven games together this season. That number won’t change for at least 10 days as Harden suffers from hamstring strain, while Durant is expected to return from a hamstring injury after missing seven weeks. This season the Nets are 5-2 with the Big 3 together, 16-3 with only Irving and Harden, 3-4 with only Durant and Irving, 2-0 with only Durant and Harden, 8-4. when only one from the Big 3 game, and 1-3 with none of the Big 3 games.
• Durant will be in the lineup for the first time since February 13. In the 23 games it missed during that span, the Nets are NBA-best 19-4 averaging 115.8 points per game and outscoring teams by an average of 5.5 points per game. . In Durant’s absence, Kyrie Irving scored 28.4 points, the team’s best while adding 6.6 assists and 5.3 rebounds. Irving and James Harden were two of only eight players (and the only teammates) to average 25-5-5 during that span.
• New Orleans just suffered a 123-107 loss to Atlanta on Tuesday; this season, the Pelicans are 3-6 on the second night in a row. Zion Williamson averaged 30.7 points per game on 62.6% shots while participating in seven of New Orleans’ nine games with zero days off.
• With 34 points shooting 12 in 18 (66.7%) in New Orleans’ loss to Atlanta on Wednesday, Zion Williamson recorded his 25th straight game with at least 20 points shooting 50% or more, tying Shaquille O’Neal (in 2001) for the longest streak of its kind in the chronometer era (since 1954-1955).
• Brooklyn enters sixth on Wednesday in terms of 3 points (14.2 per game) and fourth in precision of 3 points (39.1%). The Nets’ 3-point percentage gets a big boost from Joe Harris, who ranks third in the league in 3-point shots (48.4%) and fifth overall at 3 points (164).
Jazz (38-12) at Suns (35-14)
10 p.m. ET, ESPN
• With Utah’s nine-game winning streak ended Monday, the Suns are tied with Denver for the league’s longest active winning streak (six straight). During that time, Devin Booker averaged 30.8 points on 51.2% -46.3% -93% shoots.
• With 11 cents in Phoenix’s victory over Houston on Monday, Chris Paul became the fifth player in NBA history with 500 career games with double-digit assists, joining John Stockton (863), Magic Johnson ( 587), Jason Kidd (569), and Steve Nash (509).
• The Jazz lead the NBA with 43.6% of their points in 3 points. Utah is pulling 39.5% of the 3-point lineup (2nd in the NBA) and averaging 17 league-high 3 points per game. The Jazz are on track to average the most 3-point player count of any team in league history, overtaking this season’s Portland Trail Blazers (16.2 per game) and the 2018 Houston Rockets- 2019 (16.1 per game).
• While Utah is shooting 3-pointers at an historic rate, the Suns are one of the best teams to defend the 3-point shot. Phoenix holds the teams at 34.8% over-the-arc shooting (fourth lowest allowed) and just 32.6 attempts at 3 points per game (ninth in the league). The Suns and Jazz keep their opponents 1.6 percentage points below their normal shooting percentage on 3-point shots.
• The Suns and Jazz are 11-3 since the All-Star break, tied with Brooklyn and Denver for the league’s best record since the break. The Jazz (117.6) and Suns (117.1) rank second and third respectively in scoring during this period, while the Suns rank first in field goal percentage (50.5%) , while Jazz ranks 13th (46.8%).