A roundup of PR Newswire’s most newsworthy press releases of the week, including a survey of America’s top health issues.
NEW YORK, February 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases posted every week, it can be difficult to keep track of everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week’s most interesting and popular releases, here’s a roundup of the week’s articles you shouldn’t miss.
The list below includes the title (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each article. Click on press release titles to access related media resources available for download.
- Heart disease tops list of health problems in national MedStar Health survey
Survey respondents (22%) said heart disease is their top health concern, surpassing mental health, cancer, COVID-19 and a list of other diseases and conditions. Despite this, more than a third said they do not discuss heart health with their provider during annual medical checkups.
- Black Health launches “Get Me Vaxxed” campaign for Black History Month
The campaign is part of a broader effort to improve black health at a time when health outcomes for black communities generally continue to be concerning and lag behind those of other groups. The campaign aims to increase vaccinations against COVID-19 among black children aged 6 months to 5 years.
- FDA approves first oral treatment for anemia caused by chronic kidney disease in adults on dialysis
“With an oral medication option in addition to FDA-approved injection options, adults with chronic kidney disease on dialysis now have multiple ways to treat their anemia,” said Anne FarrelMD, director of the non-malignant hematology division of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.
- The nation’s leading obesity care organizations are developing a consensus statement on obesity
“Similar to cancer treatment, we need to approach the disease using multimodal therapy to achieve the best long-term treatment for obesity. This includes medication, surgery, endoscopy, lifestyle changes and behavioral health interventions,” said the ASMBS president. Teresa LamastersMD, FACS, FASMBS, DABOM.
- Make-A-Wish Brings the Ultimate Super Bowl LVII Experience to 17 Families “The Super Bowl is one of our biggest annual wish-granting events, and it feels even bigger this year knowing that we can accommodate 17 wish-granting families in our own backyard where we’ve been headquartered since the very first wish,” said Leslie MoterPresident and CEO of Make-A-Wish America.
- Bayer Partners with Huma on Bayer® Aspirin Heart Risk Assessment Online Educational Tool
The tool quickly assesses an individual’s risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease (CVD) over the next 10 years, which can be shared with a healthcare professional as part of ongoing health management.
- Respiray announces the launch of Wear A+, an innovative solution for more than 50 million allergy sufferers in the United States
This easy-to-use device brings relief to allergy sufferers. The principle of operation is simple: the device filters airborne allergen particles and blows allergen-free air onto the user’s face.
- Smith+Nephew Receives Innovative Technology Designation from Vizient for LEAF™ Patient Monitoring System
The LEAF Patient Monitoring System is the first portable, wireless solution that meets the recommendations of the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel (NPIAP) guidelines.
- New Ipsos survey finds nearly half of American women forgo preventive care services “The survey results underscore the need to raise awareness of the importance of preventive care and to advocate for policies that address the barriers and burdens that women too often face,” said Millicent GorhamChairman of the AWHP Board of Directors.
- Ada Health and Pfizer are collaborating to launch a nationwide online COVID-19 care journey, operated by Ada, to help connect patients with timely treatment
Daniel Nathrath, CEO and Co-Founder of Ada, said: “The Ada COVID-19 care journey aims to dramatically reduce the time between testing and treatment for users, and we strongly believe it has the potential to improve health outcomes for millions of people. “
Learn about the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay on top of the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
Gains not to be missed
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the thread this week, including quarterly results from Amgen, Cardinal Health, and Boston Scientific.
Find all the latest earnings reports here.
Help journalists keep up to date with industry news
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should be aware of. To be notified of news releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can create a personalized newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once registered, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Personalization: Create a personalized newsfeed that will deliver relevant information directly to your inbox. Customize the News Feed by keywords, industry, topic, geography, and more.
- Photos and videos: Thousands of media assets can be downloaded and included in your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for citations in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news summaries, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest and most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unrivaled global reach of over 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in over 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community of over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who log into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and verifies this community to verify its identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover over 200 beats and verticals.
For any questions, contact the team at [email protected].
Newswire SOURCE PR