A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy PR Newswire press releases on the energy sector, including sustainable aviation fuel projects and renewable energy investments.
NEW YORK, February 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases posted every week, it can be difficult to keep track of everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the energy and natural resources industry stay on top of the week’s most interesting and popular releases, here’s a roundup of the week’s articles you shouldn’t miss.
The list below includes the title (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each article. Click on press release titles to access related media resources available for download.
- Honeywell begins using sustainable aviation fuel to test its world-class auxiliary power units and aircraft propulsion engines
“At Honeywell, we see SAF as a logical path to decarbonizing the aviation industry and we see our facilities as laboratories for sustainable innovation,” said Dave MarinickPresident of Engines and Power Systems, Honeywell Aerospace.
- ArcLight does $150 million Commitment to Elevate Renewable Energy Elevate Renewables is initially focused on developing battery storage projects that are co-located with ArcLight Capital’s extensive existing power infrastructure portfolio, with a total capacity of 25 gigawatts (gross).
- GM and Lithium Americas will expand lithium production in the United States through $650 million Equity and supply agreement
GM will make a $650 million acquisition of a stake in Lithium Americas, which represents the largest investment ever made by a car manufacturer to produce raw materials for batteries. Lithium Americas estimates that the lithium mined and processed from the project can support the production of up to 1 million electric vehicles per year.
- United, Tallgrass and Green Plains Form Joint Venture to Develop New Sustainable Aviation Fuel Technology Using Ethanol
If the technology is successful, Blue Blade is expected to proceed with construction of a pilot facility in 2024, followed by a full-scale facility that could begin commercial operations by 2028. The offtake agreement could provide enough SAF to fly more than 50,000 annual flights between United hub airports in Chicago and denver.
- Our next energy (ONE) increases $300 million into Series B shares, valuing the company at more than $1 billion
The $300 million of equity financing is associated with $220 million in subsidies from the State of Michigan for a total of more than $500 million to fund ONE’s battery cell factory.
- US Department of Defense awards Canoo battery module contract for advanced testing
Canoo’s proprietary battery system is modular to support different vehicle configurations and designed to deliver industry-leading energy density. The system is designed to be flexible and compatible with cells from major battery vendors and designed to scale with changes in cell size and chemistry as the industry matures, evolves and reduces costs.
- Generac expands its clean energy offering with the addition of residential electric vehicle chargers
The Generac 48 Amp / 11.5 kW EV Charger is a Level 2 home charger capable of charging a car battery in as little as four to six hours, depending on car battery capacity and charging needs. The unit’s J1772 connector is plug-and-play compatible with almost any electric vehicle on the market today, and a NEMA-4 enclosure makes the unit designed for indoor and outdoor residential installation.
- GSE Solutions awarded contract to develop and support model hydrogen power plant for NuScale Power
GSE joins NuScale Power’s research collaboration for clean hydrogen production that will evaluate new concepts for use in small modular reactor power plants.
- Just Climate announces its first three investments
The three companies reflect Just Climate’s approach of investing in scalable solutions with transformative potential that can help deliver sector-wide decarbonization in hard-to-scale industries.
- Karbone Inc. Launches the Karbone Data Hub, a New Renewable Energy Analytics Platform Instant access to real market data is essential in today’s fragmented ESG market. To help navigate the volatility of energy transition and decarbonization products, Karbone’s new web app contains current, historical and long-term futures prices and market trends.
Learn about the latest energy-related posts from PR Newswire and stay on top of the top press releases by following @PRNenergy on Twitter.
Gains not to be missed
In addition to these popular releases, several must-see earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including quarterly results from Honeywell, Spire and Magellan Midstream.
Find all the latest earnings reports here.
Help journalists keep up to date with industry news
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should be aware of. To be notified of news releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can create a personalized newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once registered, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Personalization: Create a personalized newsfeed that will deliver relevant information directly to your inbox. Customize the News Feed by keywords, industry, topic, geography, and more.
- Photos and videos: Thousands of media assets can be downloaded and included in your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for citations in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news summaries, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest and most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unrivaled global reach of over 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in over 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community of over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who log into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and verifies this community to verify its identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover over 200 beats and verticals.
For any questions, contact the team at [email protected].
Newswire SOURCE PR