INDIANAPOLIS –– The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra (ISO) and Conner Prairie announced the 2021 season of Kroger Symphony on the Prairie on Monday.
Organizers have said that after the only hiatus in its 40-year history, the season begins on June 25 at the Conner Prairie Symphony Bowl with REVOLUTION: The Music of the Beatles with ISO conducted by the principal conductor of Pops Jack Everly.
Seats reserved for the general public and table reservations (six people maximum per table) will go on sale on Monday, May 24 at 10 a.m.
ISO said a number of changes have been made to the 2021 season to ensure the best and safest experience for participants. See the following list of adjustments followed by scheduled shows and more to be announced:
- To regulate the number of attendees, the new ticketing procedures for 2021 Kroger Symphony on the Prairie require customers to purchase date-specific tickets through the ISO website. Participants must have tickets to attend each performance. Customers can print their ticket at home and bring with them or download tickets compatible with mobile devices.
- As always, tickets can be purchased on the ISO website; For security reasons, specifically coded tickets will be delivered to clients’ ISO accounts 24 hours before the start of the concert.
- The economy pack or single vouchers have been removed to ensure that customers can take full advantage of the ‘best price guarantee’ by using an exclusive discount on Kroger tickets. Customers will scan a QR code at Kroger to access a dedicated shopping site to order specific day tickets.
- Customers wishing to redeem Value Packs and Season 2020 Ticket Vouchers will receive a special promo code to redeem them for tickets in the same way.
- Those holding 2019 Season Refurbishment Vouchers will receive information on how to redeem them for 2021 Kroger Symphony on the Prairie tickets.
- For 2021, the Kroger Symphony on the Prairie season will follow CDC recommended protocols for early summer concerts to allow adequate social distancing between groups (approximately 4,000 seats).
- If “normal conditions” are allowed, Kroger Symphony on the Prairie will accommodate a maximum of approximately 8,000 ticket holders.
- The dance floor in front of the stage will not open in 2021
- Table rental (six per table), reserved seating and the Huntington Sunset Lounge will be available in limited numbers on a first come, first served basis.
Calendar of the Kroger Symphony 2021 in the meadow
June 25 and 27 REVOLUTION: The Music of The Beatles – A Symphonic Experience, Directed by Jack Everly
July 2-4 – Starry Symphony, conducted by Jacob Joyce with special guests Kevin Lin and Dean Dorrell
July 9-10 – Face 2 Face – Billy Joel / Elton John Tribute
July 30-31 – One Night of Queen performed by Gary Mullen & The Works
August 6-7 – Temptations
August 20-21 – Southern accents: the music of Tom Petty
August 27-28 – Legendary Ladies of the Soul
September 3-4 – Brass Transit: the music of Chicago
For more information, visit the ISO Symphony on the Prairie website here or contact the Hilbert Circle Theater box office at (317) 639-4300.
Learn more about ISO:
Doors open at 6 p.m. and concerts begin at 8 p.m. each evening. Guests can bring their own food and drinks (only individual coolers are allowed), as well as refreshments on site. Three large LED screens improve the view of the stage from every location on the lawn. Reserved parking is $ 40 for each show, providing easy access parking, is available for individual concerts. Groups of 30 or more can purchase discounted tickets to Kroger Symphony on the Prairie for a 10% discount. For more details, visit the ISO website. For group sales, contact the ISO Box Office.
Suggest a correction