What do you want to know
- Microsoft is rolling out the December 2022 Android security patch for Surface Duo and Surface Duo 2.
- This month’s update also includes a crucial fix that has plagued devices since the 12L launch.
- This update fixes the issue where phone calls were not coming in or going out.
Microsoft is now rolling out the latest firmware update for Surface Duo and Surface Duo 2 for 2022, this month with an important patch in addition to Android’s usual security patch for this month. This fix fixes an issue on Surface Duo 2 where users couldn’t receive or make phone calls after updating to Android 12L, a pretty big issue.
Now, with this month’s update, that issue has been resolved. The build number for Surface Duo is 2022.819.16 and 2022.819.57 for Surface Duo 2. Both updates are around 16MB in size.
Here is the short changelog (opens in a new tab)for this month’s update:
- Addresses scenarios described in the December 2022 Android Security Bulletin.
- Fixes scenario following upgrade to Android 12L where incoming calls would go straight to voicemail and outgoing calls would end immediately. (Duet 2 only)
How to check for updates on Surface Duo
Want to get the update as soon as possible? Here’s what you need to know.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open Settings in your app drawer.
- Select System.
- Select System update.
- Select Check the update.
- Select Restart now.