The Clio Music Awards which honor the intersection of music and marketing have announced their 2020/2021 winners.
This 6th edition of the Clio Music Awards rewards excellence in the marketing and promotion of an artist, a label, a musical brand, a product or a service, as well as the use of the music in advertising.
A total of 240 prizes were awarded, including the first Label, Publisher and Agency Of The Year prizes.
Grand Clio Music Awards 2020/2021 winners
- Design: “The Decade Wrapped” by Spotify In-House for Spotify
- Experience / Activation: “Astronomical” by Epic Games for Epic Games / Fortnite
- Film / Video: “You’re Born” by Blacklist Mgmt for Aigel Band
- Integrated campaign: “The Weeknd After Hours Album Campaign” for Republic Records by XO / Republic Records
- Social good: “Spinifex Gum – Dream Baby Dream” by SDWM for Spinifex Gum
- Social networks: “Lottery (Renegade) – K CAMP” by RARE Sound for K Camp
- Use of music in audio: “2% Choir” by TBWA Chiat Day LA for The Recording Academy
- Use of Music in Movies / Videos: “Life Needs Truth” by Droga5 for The New York Times
- Use of music in innovation: “The Refugee Tree” by DaHouse Audio for Climate Reality Brasil
- Use of Music in Trailers / Teasers: “The Refugee Tree” by DaHouse Audio for Climate Reality Brasil
Winners of the first label, music publisher and agency of the year
The winners are those who have scored the most statue points for entries submitted in all types of media.
- Label of the Year: Republic Records
- Music Publisher of the Year: Sony Music Publishing
- Agency of the year: Spotify internally
Brandi Carlile and the National Independent Venue Association (NIVA) were honored as winners of the 2021 Clio Music Impact Awards. Carlile received her award from Citi Marketing Director Carla Hassan.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer made an appearance to present his award to the NIVA organization.
The full list of winners is available at https://clios.com/music/winners.