It is not uncommon to hear stories of exploding batteries in smartphones, laptops and other electronic gadgets. These stories remind us of the need to use the device correctly and also that having such gadgets with or around us might involve playing with a bomb waiting to explode. Here’s a story about an exploding helmet!
Before you imagine a situation where the ears were torn off by a headphone explosion, this did not happen. According to the news, a consumer in Wuhan, China burned her Sony WH-1000XM2 after it exploded when she accidentally plugged the flight adapter into the AC power supply. The victim identified as Ms. Liu allegedly bought the Sony headset for 2,300 yuan (approximately $ 355) on February 17.
When she arrived home that night she wanted to charge the headset, instead of using an adapter, her son used the in-flight plug adapter in the box which caused the headset to explode and s ‘ignite. The burning helmet left the boy with a few degrees of burns in his right hand.
The in-flight plug adapter allows you to enjoy balanced sound from the in-flight entertainment system when traveling on an airplane. Sony has included a disclaimer on its website that the adapter “MUST NOT charge your device.” Plugging the flight adapter into an AC outlet to charge the headset will cause serious damage to the device ”.
When Ms. Liu returned to file a complaint at the merchant’s store, but the merchant believes that the accident was caused by the device malfunction, but the consumer was unwilling to take responsibility. Indeed, this was caused by consumer malfunction, but we have to point out that the in-flight plug adapter looks a lot like a two-pin adapter. After the news was cut, there were a series of reports of a similar impact by consumers in China despite the in-flight adapter having a warning that reads “please do not plug into the power outlet.”
In this regard, the Hubei Provincial Consumer Council reiterated that operators should do their best to remind and properly inform users of the hidden dangers that may endanger the personal safety of consumers.
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!