An afterparty after a concert by justin bieber turned violent early Saturday morning as shots were fired outside an elite club in Los Angeles, hitting at least three people. The injured, men ages 19, 24 and 60, were transported to local hospitals and are in stable condition, confirms the LAPD. According to NBC News, the 24-year-old was a rapper Black Kodak.
Bieber had performed a 45-minute set earlier in the night under a tent at the Pacific Design Center, part of a series of parties, concerts and invitation-only events dubbed “Homecoming Weekend” in the run-up to the Super Bowl. Jeff Bezos and actor Anthony Ramos were among those present, according to the Associated Press.
After the concert, the festivities continued at Nice Guy, a lounge on N. La Cienega Blvd. which boasts a style reminiscent of “the decadent era of mafia bars,” according to its website. The menu includes vegan pizza with Beyond sausage and fennel pollen, priced at $27.
According to TMZ, the guest list for the afterparty included Leonardo DiCaprio, Duck (which has its own “Homecoming Weekend” concert scheduled for Saturday), Kendall Jenner, Tobey Maguireand Khloe Kardashian.
Around 2:45, Kodak Black and other rappers Gunna and Little baby were outside the club “smiling and talking”, TMZ reports. Two videos show the scene suddenly changing from a friendly selfie to shooting and shouting. The daily mail reported that Justin and his wife Hailey Bieber made a “hasty exit” as soon as the commotion happened.
Bieber’s Covid-delayed world tour is set to kick off in San Diego next Friday, then hit major arenas like the Forum in Los Angeles, the United Center in Chicago and Madison Square Garden in New York, before moving on to Denmark, Argentina, South Africa, Israel, Australia and across the UK. The last planned stopover is Krakow, Poland, at the end of March 2023.
More great stories from vanity lounge
– Inside Prince Andrew’s misguided attempt to explain Jeffrey Epstein
— Julia Fox is the fame we deserve
– The complicated love life of King George VI
– The artist, the Madonna and the last known portrait of Jeffrey Epstein
– 16 Oscar-nominated movies you can stream right now
– Monica Lewinsky on the Wordle phenomenon
– 28 black-owned beauty and wellness brands with something for everyone
– Extract from the archives: The singular intimacy of Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret
– Sign up for “The Buyline” to receive a curated list of fashion, book and beauty shopping in a weekly newsletter.