Man City will look to return to Premier League victory over struggling Sheffield United.
Pep Guardiola’s side were only able to draw a 1-1 draw at West Ham thanks to Phil Foden’s equalizer in the second half last weekend.
Zidane on Benzema and Vinicius relationship after halftime controversy
World Cup winner Stiles dies, Guardiola on Barca links, positive update from Van Dijk
Ozil advised another Arsenal outcast to get Hertha Berlin moving
Ron is back
Ronaldo cleared for Juventus return after testing negative for coronavirus
World Cup winner Stiles didn’t kick Eusebio but was ‘sweet as anything’
The cousin of Man City owner, who tried to buy Liverpool, linked to Derby takeover
‘Clever’ Michail Antonio ‘reportedly thrived’ against injured Liverpool
Liverpool vs West Ham Live commentary and squad news as Moyes aims to stop rot
Klopp reveals Fabinho blow, gives update on other injured Liverpool duo
Mourinho, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and more wish Maradona good luck on her 60th birthday
Meanwhile, Sheffield United are winless after six games but will be encouraged by their fight in a 2-1 loss to champions Liverpool last time around.
talkSPORT will be in Manchester bringing you all the live action.
Sheffield United vs Man City: How to listen
The match will start at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 31.
Full Etihad coverage will be live on talkSPORT, with our coverage starting at 12 noon.
To connect, click on the radio player below or HERE for the live stream.
Here are the other ways to listen …
IPhone App – Download from the Apple Store
Android – Download from Google Play
Radio – talkSPORT is available across the UK via DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
Sheffield United vs Man City: team news
Man City will miss their all-time top scorer Sergio Aguero, who will miss at least a month with a hamstring injury.
Gabriel Jesus, Benjamin Mendy and Fernandinho have all been ruled out, however, Nathan Ake is expected to return from a groin problem.
Sheffield United will continue to be without the injured trio Lys Mousset, Jack O’Connell and John Fleck.
Blades boss Chris Wilder has revealed John Lundstram turned down the option of signing a new contract but said it would not affect his availability for selection.
Sheffield United vs Man City: Statistics and Match Facts
- Sheffield United are winless in their last six league meetings with Man City (D2 L4), not scoring any of the last four. Their last victory against them was in second place in January 2000 (1-0).
- Man City are looking to win four consecutive league games against Sheffield United for the first time since March 1930.
- Sheffield United have never beaten Man City in the Premier League in eight attempts (D3 L5), the most they have faced any team in the competition without a win. They failed to score in seven of those eight encounters, the highest percentage of games one team failed to score against another in the Premier League (88% – minimum eight encounters).
- Sheffield United are winless in their last nine Premier League games (D1 L8), the longest running race among any current sides in the competition. The last time the Blades didn’t win one of their first seven league games in a single campaign was in 1991-92.
- Of the 17 Premier League teams still present since the start of last season, Sheffield United have had the fewest shots (409) and fewest shots on target (131), while only Crystal Palace (39) have scored fewer than goals that the Blades compete (42).
- Man City are undefeated in their last three Premier League games (W1 D2), although they have only scored one goal in each game. This is their longest streak to score more than once in a league game since October 2016 (3) in Pep Guardiola’s first season at the head.
- No team has won more top English matches on Halloween (October 31) than Manchester City (W10 D0 L3) – on par with Arsenal.
- Man City have won just eight points in their first five Premier League games this season – it’s Pep Guardiola’s worst start at this point in the season in his managerial career. The fewest points Guardiola accumulated after the first six league games was 13, most recently in 2019-20.
- Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder has won 99 of his 202 games at the helm in all competitions, although he has been stuck on 99 wins in the last 10 games (D2 L8), since he was beat Chelsea 3-0 in July.
- Man City winger Riyad Mahrez has been directly involved in 99 goals in 203 Premier League appearances (58 goals, 41 assists); his next goal or help would see him become the 6th African player to reach the milestone of the century after Didier Drogba, Yakubu, Emmanuel Adebayor, Sadio Mané and Mohamed Salah.