Company products and services recognized for design excellence that elevates consumers’ lifestyle
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. announced today that it has won 48 awards at the world-renowned 2021 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA), including seven Silvers, three Bronzes and thirty-eight finalists.
The 2021 IDEA Awards for Samsung include creative designs in multiple categories, showcasing Samsung’s excellence in consumer lifestyle design, from product design to interactive and advanced concept design.
IDEA, organized by the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA), has been held annually since 1980. Widely regarded as the most influential design awards program in North America, IDEA considers design innovation, advantages for the user and for society within the framework of its selection criteria for its laureates.
Samsung has won seven Silver Awards for its cutting edge designs, including:
- Samsung Neo QLED 8K (QN900A) which deploys the Infinity Screen design that maximizes immersion by minimizing the bezel.
- Cube ™ Custom Air Purifier (AX9500N) with the innovative concept of letting consumers choose the purifier front panel design according to their lifestyle.
- Slim to measure (VS6800AL)1, a vacuum cleaner with a slim and customizable design that fits in a small space. The product is currently available in the Korean market.
- SmartThings Kitchen, enabling a unique dining experience powered by Whisk’s Food AI.
The following received bronze awards:
- The Frame, a lifestyle TV that can match any home decor and features an “art mode”, which allows viewers to enjoy masterpieces from home.
- The Premiere, a lifestyle projector designed for those who want to create a theater-like environment in their home.
- Custom 4-Door Flex Refrigerator, which helps consumers achieve the lifestyle they want with flexible and personalized offers.
“The pandemic has affected consumers’ lifestyles in many ways, so it’s more important than ever to keep an eye on their evolution and deliver meaningful experiences to consumers as a result.” said Dontae Lee, executive vice president and head of the enterprise design center at Samsung Electronics. “We will continue to provide consumers with optimized experiences based on a variety of lifestyles with the design that best resonates with them. The IDEA 2021 ceremony was held virtually on September 21. The International Design Conference will also be held virtually for two days from September 22-23. Dontae Lee is scheduled to deliver a speech titled “Design for a Better Tomorrow” at the event. The list of the 48 award-winning designs is available here.