Risk-Based Automated Vulnerability Management Technology Improves Amazon Inspector’s Vulnerability Analysis Results, Helping Customers Streamline Manual Security Work While Elevating Security Posture
SHEVA BEER, Israel, November 29, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Rézilion– a startup transforming development, security and operations (DevSecOps) with automation – has been selected as a launch partner for the new Amazon Inspector, an automated security assessment service used by enterprises to help secure their workloads running on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Rezilion can now be activated seamlessly on AWS without forcing customers to go through the tedious task of deploying additional software agents. Additionally, Rezilion will be available in AWS Marketplace for instant procurement and deployment.
Growing pressure for businesses to digitally transform and accelerate innovation has resulted in unprecedented amounts of code being sent daily. In turn, this creates bottlenecks for security teams who lack the automation tools to properly detect, prioritize, and manage risk in rapid release cycles with both precision and agility.
The combination of Rezilion and Amazon Inspector addresses this increasingly urgent need. This announcement provides AWS customers with seamless access to DevSecOps tools, allowing their security teams to investigate software vulnerabilities, validate their operability, and prioritize remediation efforts based on the actual risk they pose. With Rezilion, customers can understand which vulnerabilities Amazon Inspector finds are exploitable in the specific runtime context of their environment. Since over 70% of vulnerabilities are not truly exploitable, focusing on those that pose a real threat results in:
- 70% reduction in patching efforts: saving thousands of hours of DevOps and security teams.
- Reduction of remediation times from a few months to a few days: Ensure that real threats are addressed in a timely manner.
- Acceleration of development times: By spending less time patching, DevOps teams can now focus on building.
Beyond detection and prioritization, the combination of Rezilion and Amazon Inspector provides an end-to-end solution for vulnerability management:
- Workable remediation plan: After filtering out unusable vulnerabilities from one or more scanners, Rezilion aggregates the results and organizes them by software components that need to be patched and updated, distilling thousands of vulnerabilities into a handful of remedial actions.
- Advanced reporting features: View risk trends over time across environments and applications, including metrics such as average time to resolution and total exploitable risk.
- Complete and dynamic software nomenclature (SBOM): Live dynamic mapping of all code in a software environment for holistic management and compliance, including code provenance (where it came from), location (where it is deployed), and status (how it is is executed).
“As more of our customers embrace DevSecOps and push code faster than ever before, we’re looking for ways to help them stay safe on the move,” says Erik Melander, CEO of Astellent, a client of Rezilion and a leading services and technology company helping organizations achieve their digital transformation. “For any organization facing the same challenge, the combination of Amazon Inspector and Rezilion will do just that.”
“We’ve completely redesigned Amazon Inspector, making it easier than ever for customers to enable ongoing, automated software vulnerability assessments across their AWS account organization,” says Michael fuller, Director, Product Management, AWS Security Services. “The addition of Rezilion provides customers with additional context to help them prioritize remediation efforts, reduce patch delays and accelerate release cycles, while improving their security and compliance. “
“Rezilion Validate is the only solution for any organization looking to dramatically reduce their patch backlog and refocus their efforts on innovation. We’re excited that AWS has recognized the value of our tools for the launch of Amazon Inspector and look forward to making them even better. accessible on AWS Marketplace, ”says Liran Tancman, CEO and co-founder of Rezilion. “Identifying vulnerabilities and remedying risks are imperative for the software development lifecycle. Our work with AWS is a major step towards Rezilion’s goal of empowering teams to focus more on building and less on repairing, to make SDLC more efficient for all those it affects. “
Rezilion is a leading standalone DevSecOps platform that enables organizations to effortlessly control and mitigate attack surfaces from development to production and across cloud infrastructures, applications, and IoT devices. It dramatically reduces manual labor for safety and engineering teams, aligns previously opposing efforts, and enables organizations to innovate faster. With operations in Israel and United States, Rezilion is rapidly attracting a growing customer base of Fortune 100 companies and leading industry partners. For more information visit www.rezilion.com.
For more information please contact:
Si14 Global Communications