Hosted by Princess Cruises Celebration Ambassador Jill whelan and Princess Enchanted Cruise Director Dan Falconer, the 45-minute show introduces viewers to the innovative features and amenities of the new MedallionClass vessel and ends with the official name to welcome the vessel to Princess’s global fleet. It also pays tribute to three members of the Explorers Club who are the godmothers of the brand new ship in the Princess fleet.
“This unique approach to the Enchanted Princess nomination honors our legacy of bringing people together and creating lasting memories aboard our cruises by allowing us to share the excitement of the ceremony with more people than ever before and by giving back to fans from Princess a more intimate look at our newest MedallionClass Vessel, ”said John padget, president of Princess Cruises. “It also allows us to recognize the contributions of our godmothers – Captain lynn danaher, Dr. Vicki Ferrini and Jenifer Austin – have contributed to the conservation and stewardship of the oceans, as the ocean provides our livelihood and is home to our more than 25,000 employees who serve millions of customers as they explore the world at a cruise with us every year. “
Since its inception in 1904, members of the Explorers Club have traveled the land, seas, sky and even the moon on exploration expeditions. This multidisciplinary professional society is dedicated to the advancement of field research, scientific exploration and resource conservation. The three Enchanted Princess godmothers have been recognized for their accomplishments in expeditions, oceanography and ocean mapping.
Captain lynn danaher
Captain Danaher has been a United States Coast Guard Licensed Master and Diver since 1994. She has been a founding member and president of the Pacific Islands Research Institute since 2008 and co-founder of the Friday Harbor Film Festival since 2013. She joined The Explorers Club. in 2005 and was President of the Pacific Northwest Chapter for two years and of the Board of Directors for six years. She completed eight Explorer Club Flag Expeditions. Captain Danaher is an officer of The Explorers Club, serving as Vice President: Mission Programming and Chairman of the Headquarters Renovation Committee. She is also a licensed contractor in the Hawaii State.
Dr. Vicki Ferrini
After completing his PhD in Coastal Oceanography, Dr Ferrini extended his research interests from the coast to the hidden world of the deep sea. Much of the world’s ocean is unmapped, unexplored and uncharacterized, and his work aims to help solve this problem. A senior scientific researcher at from Columbia University Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Dr Ferrini is leading several efforts to ensure that data is preserved and accessible to scientists and the public. She is committed to building a vibrant international community of collaborators and works with colleagues around the world to help build bridges between people and the ocean through data. Dr Ferrini joined the Explorers Club in 2021 when she was selected as one of the Explorers Club 50 – fifty world-changing explorers.
Jenifer Austin spent nearly 14 years at Google, where she co-led the team that launched the first virtual ocean map in corporate consumer products Google Earth and Google Maps and also launched Underwater Streetview in Google Maps and Global Fishing Watch. She then created Oceanagenda.com to help bring diverse groups together to support holistic ocean conservation and stewardship. She is a scuba diver. A member of the Explorers Club (FN’14), she served on the W40 Women’s Committee, speaking at the Women of the Deep and organizing a panel at her last Pathfinders Symposium. Austin is a mother of two.
“Our world, enchanted“Christening Ceremony Program Includes Appearances by New President of Princess Cruises John padget, Chairman of the Group Jan Swartz, Commodore Nick Nash and provides insight into the beautifully designed interiors, elegantly appointed guestrooms, world-class entertainment, gourmet dining, and handcrafted cocktails available on Enchanted Princess.
The 145,000-ton, 3,660-guest vessel represents an evolution of the design platform used for its sister ships – Royal Princess (2013), Regal Princess (2014), Majestic Princess (2017) and Sky Princess (2019) – offering a dramatic rise in style and elegance that is the hallmark of Princess. The ship’s inaugural cruise season has begun November 10, with various 10 days Southern Caribbean itineraries, round trip sailing from Fort. Lauderdale.
Notable features and entertainment offerings aboard the Enchanted Princess include:
- Sky Suites – First introduced on Sky Princess (2019), the new Sky Deluxe Suites offer included amenities, attentive service and a dedicated suite experience manager, luxurious accommodations for up to five people and a balcony 1,000 square foot cruise ship offering 270 degree views from the line’s largest balcony at sea.
- 25 bars and restaurants – With plenty of outdoor dining options, Enchanted Princess offers the three Michelin star chef’s Bistro Sur La Mer Emmanuel Renaut, Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria with its own pasta room, Crown Grill Steakhouse and Bar, Crooners, Chef’s Table Lumiere, Gigi’s Pizzeria, The Salty Dog Gastropub, Gelato, three beautifully appointed main dining rooms and more.
- Aquatic relaxation – In addition to several hot tubs, Enchanted has two deep tank pools, adjacent to the top deck bar. Aft of the ship, the Wakeview infinity pool and bar offer spectacular skyline views, while the Retreat Pool provides an oasis of calm.
- Fan Favorite Original Production Shows – First launched aboard the Sky Princess to receive rave reviews, Enchanted Princess presents Rock Opera, with incredible costumes inspired by avant-garde glamorous fashion with a musical soundtrack spanning classic rock, opera and musical theater. Additionally, 5-SKIES, with its technologically enhanced production, features a virtual game world, spectacular digital effects and acrobatics, intricate sets and contemporary music for one of the company’s most visually advanced shows. cruise.
- Fifth take – First launched on Sky Princess, Take Five features vintage imagery, iconic imagery and intimate conversations that transport you to the heart of the jazz era. Guests can enjoy nightly jazz concerts while sipping on master mixologist Rob Floyd’s favorite cocktails and specialty gin cocktails crafted exclusively for Take Five.
Enchanted Princess also features iconic Princess locations and amenities including The Piazza, Lotus Spa, The Sanctuary, Movies Under the Stars, Princess Live !, Vegas-Style Casino, The Shops of Princess, Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center, and Discovery at SEA.
For the latest Princess COVID-19 health protocols, please visit https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/covid-19-guest-protocols/.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available from a professional travel advisor, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) or by visiting the company’s website at http: //www.princess.com/.
Editor’s Note: Images of the godmother available here and images of the enchanted princess available here.
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is the world’s leading premium cruise line and international tour operator operating a fleet of 14 modern cruise ships, carrying two million passengers annually to 380 destinations in around the world, including Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/ New England, Antarctica and world cruises. A team of professional destination experts organized 170 itineraries, ranging in length from three to 111 days, and Princess Cruises is continually recognized as “Best Cruise Line for Itineraries”. In 2017, Princess Cruises, along with parent company Carnival Corporation, introduced MedallionClass Vacations using the Medallion device, the vacation industry’s most advanced handheld device, free to every guest on a MedallionClass vessel. Award-winning innovation provides the fastest way to an effortless personalized vacation, giving guests more time to do what they love most. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE / LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK).
In line with the latest advice from health officials on COVID-19, Princess Cruises is currently improving health and safety protocols with input from medical experts and government agencies and assessing their impact on future routes. Actual offers may differ from what is displayed in marketing materials. Click on the following links to stay up to date on Current cruise updates and health and safety protocols.
SOURCE Princess Cruises