Tottenham will be seeking to reach the fifth round of the FA Cup for a fourth successive season against Preston North End this weekend.
Spurs, desperate to end their long trophy drought this term, have not seen such progress from the fourth round in 40 years.
But in each previous season they have failed to reach Wembley, having not appeared in an FA Cup final since their 1991 triumph over Nottingham Forest.
Tottenham have found hope under Antonio Conte and have talisman Harry Kane on incredible form after scoring 14 goals in their last 14 FA Cup appearances.
Preston could provide a potential banana peel, who are just two points off the top six in the Championship.
Preston vs Tottenham: talkSPORT coverage
This FA Cup fourth round showdown will take place on Saturday, January 28.
Kick-off in Deepdale is scheduled for 6 p.m.
talkSPORT will have live commentary from Lancashire, with Faye Carruthers as host.
The comment then comes from Jim Proudfoot and former England winger Trevor Sinclair.
To tune into talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 via the website, click HERE for the live stream.
You can also listen through the talkSPORT app, on DAB digital radio, through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
Guardiola insists he doesn’t regret Zinchenko and Jesus’ moves to Arsenal despite rivalry
Arteta never celebrated goals against ‘his club’ Arsenal at Man City, says Guardiola
Brighton v Liverpool LIVE: FA Cup holders want revenge after Klopp’s ‘worst game’
Man United v Reading LIVE: Rashford aims to continue fine FA Cup form as legend returns
Walsall v Leicester LIVE: Maddison to be back as Foxes aim for second win of 2023
Accrington v Leeds LIVE: Marsch determined to avoid FA Cup loss to League One
Preston vs Tottenham: team news
The hosts will be without Spurs loanee Troy Parrott who is unreadable to face his parent club.
But two other Premier League players on loan, Everton’s Thomas Cannon and Manchester City striker Liam Delap, could feature.
The visitors can make their immediate debut on loan signing Arnaut Danjuma following the completion of his loan move from Villarreal.
The presence of the Dutchman could allow Dejan Kulusevski or Heung-min Son to rest, with Lucas Moura still on the sidelines.
Preston vs Tottenham: What was said?
Preston boss Ryan Lowe has revealed he had a chance meeting with Conte’s brother two months before the sides faced off in the FA Cup.
He told the Mail: “I was in Antonio Conte’s dressing room watching Liverpool win with my boy.
“We were invited, we ate and all that. It was an awesome experience. His brother Daniele was excellent. We talked a bit about Antonio.
“So, there you go, we are drawn against them. I know Antonio’s agent and I asked him what red wine he drank.
“I hope he can come at the end of the game and have a drink. I might have to speak a bit slowly because of my Scouse English.
Preston vs Tottenham: Facts of the match
- Harry Kane has scored 14 goals in his last 14 FA Cup appearances for Tottenham, scoring the third round winner against Portsmouth. He also scored twice in last season’s fourth round win over Brighton.
- Tottenham Hotspur are seeking to reach the fifth round of the FA Cup for a fourth consecutive season, which would represent their longest run of progress from the fourth round for five consecutive seasons between 1978-79 and 1982-83.
- Preston North End have not reached the fifth round of the FA Cup since the 2014-15 campaign, with only their second fourth-round draw since then (losing 1-0 to Sheffield United in 2017-18).
- Preston have not faced Spurs in any competition since September 2009, when they lost 5-1 in a League Cup draw at Deepdale with Peter Crouch scoring a hat-trick.
- It will be the 10th FA Cup draw between Preston North End and Tottenham Hotspur but the first since the fourth round in 1967-68, a match won 3-1 by Spurs.
Keep up to date with all the latest news, rumors and gossip with our live transfer blog
talkSPORT BET DEAL OF THE DAY
Get up to €40 free bets* – CLAIM HERE
18+ New customers only. Sign up, bet up to £40 (min. £20) on selected events at odds of 2.00+, in 7 days. Get up to €40 free bets on selected events. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. Terms and conditions apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please play responsibly
SEE ALL FREE BETS HERE