If you purchase an independently rated product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
I am by no means an audiophile or a sound snob of any kind. Still, I have tested pretty much all types of personal audio products because it is part of my job, so I have a lot of experience that most people cannot appreciate. I have definitely formed preferences over the years and there are only a few companies whose products I personally use. When it comes to headphones, I choose Sony for the audio quality and Apple’s AirPods Pro for ease of use. And when it comes to the wireless speakers in my house, I’m a fan of Sonos through and through. In fact, I didn’t think there would ever be another wireless home speaker that I would consider using on my own. Then Sony sent me the new one Sony SRS-RA5000 360 Reality Audio Speaker to test, and I must say… I was completely blown away.
Top Deal of the Day This automatic jar opener has gone viral on TikTok and people are flooding Amazon for one! Price:$ 25.99 Available on Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Available on Amazon BGR may receive a commission
Unveiled earlier this year, the new Sony SRS-RA5000 360 Reality Audio Speaker is one of the only speakers that can play 360 Reality Audio content, which is now available through Amazon’s music streaming services, Tidal, Deezer, and the Nugs recorded concert live streaming service. From a single speaker or pair of headphones, 360 Reality Audio makes you feel like you’re in the middle of a studio or concert hall with speakers all around you. you.
It really is a fascinating experience and it completely changes the way your music sounds.
Sony’s new SRS-RA5000 is one of two new 360 Reality Audio speakers that’s about to be released, and it’s definitely the more premium of the two. It has seven different speakers built into a single housing that looks like some kind of sleek alien capsule. It easily fills entire rooms with sound, whether you’re streaming 360 Reality Audio content or regular audio tracks. It also supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth streaming.
the SRS-RA5000 360 Reality Audio Speaker is in a league of its own right now, so it’s understandably quite expensive. This new model is currently available for pre-order on Amazon for $ 699.99, with orders expected to ship from April 13.
Sony also offers a cheaper version which is not as premium – the new Sony SRS-RA3000 360 Reality Audio Speaker which ships right now from Amazon for $ 299.99. Either way, you know you’re getting the most out of the best Sony has to offer. And if you decide to try 360 Reality Audio content, prepare to be completely blown away.
Sony SRS-RA5000 360 Reality Audio Premium Wi-Fi / Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- 360 Reality Audio: Experience 360 Reality Audio creates a sense of immersion that feels like you’re at a concert or in the recording studio with the artist
- Room-filling ambient sound: fill your entire room with sound. The sound is diffused both horizontally and vertically to create the perfect atmosphere anywhere in your home.
- Immersive Audio Enhancement and Sound Calibration: Using Sony’s unique algorithm, traditional stereo tracks are processed to deliver ambient sound that fills the room, while sound calibration software adjusts speaker settings for be perfect for the room in which it is placed.
- Seven precisely placed speakers: a trio of upward speakers play music vertically while three side speakers play sound horizontally. These are complemented by a woofer, which floods the room with rich, deep bass, bringing new life to all your favorite music.
Sony SRS-RA5000 Reality 360 Multi-Room Audio Speaker in Black (2021) Price:$ 699.99 Available on Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Sony SRS-RA3000 360 Reality Audio Wi-Fi / Bluetooth wireless speaker
- Omnidirectional sound and deep bass: Beam tweeters deliver sound vertically, the omnidirectional diffuser streams sound horizontally for wall-to-wall sound, and two passive radiators deliver deep bass.
- Bluetooth: Pair your speaker using Bluetooth technology and start streaming your music collection. You can also wirelessly pair with your TV via Bluetooth with compatible TV models.
- Wi-Fi enabled with Chromecast built-in and Spotify Connect: Use a Wi-Fi connection to access your favorite internet music streaming services through your speaker and control the playlist from your phone.
- Voice Control: The SRS-RA3000 works with Alexa and Google Assistant, giving you the ability to control the speaker with your voice using compatible Alexa or Google Home products.
Sony SRS-RA3000 360 Reality Home Omnidirectional Speaker in Black (2021) Price:$ 299.38 Available on Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
To pursue @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep you up to date with the latest and greatest deals we find on the web. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons mentioned above may be available in limited quantities.