(NEXSTAR) — Check your tickets: The numbers are in for the third-largest Powerball jackpot of the year.
The winning numbers drawn on Monday September 18 were: 2, 21, 26, 40, 42 and red Powerball 9. The Power Play was 3X.
Before the drawing, Powerball officials estimated the jackpot at $638 million, with a cash value of approximately $304.2 million. At the time of the drawing, the jackpot had increased slightly to $638.9 million.
At this size, this jackpot ranks 10th in Powerball. It’s also the third largest of 2023: in February, a $754.6 million jackpot was won by a Washington ticket, and in July, a California ticket won a $1.08 billion prize . These two prizes are among the largest in the history of the game.
Here are the 10 biggest Powerball jackpots ever recorded:
- $2.04 billion: November 7, 2022 (California)
- $1.586 billion: January 13, 2016 (California, Florida, Tennessee)
- $1.08 billion: July 19, 2023 (California)
- $768.4 million: March 27, 2019 (Wisconsin)
- $758.7 million: August 23, 2017 (Massachusetts)
- $754.6 million: February 6, 2023 (Washington)
- $731.1 million: January 20, 2021 (Maryland)
- $699.8 million: October 4, 2021 (California)
- $687.8 million: October 27, 2018 (Iowa, New York)
- $638.9 million (estimated September 18, 2023)
If someone wins the jackpot on Monday, they will have to choose between an annuity payment over 29 years or a lump sum. Without a winner, the jackpot could become the ninth-largest Powerball jackpot, but it would need to increase by about $50 million.
With or without a jackpot winner, the next Powerball drawing will take place on Wednesday at 10:59 p.m. ET.
Powerball tickets cost $2 each and are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings take place every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET. You have a 1 in 24.9 chance of winning any prize and a 1 in 292.2 million chance of winning the Powerball jackpot.
Meanwhile, the $1.08 billion jackpot won this summer remains unclaimed, as does the record $1.602 billion Mega Millions jackpot won in Florida last month.