Following my column last week where I explained how poorly understood gluten intolerance and sensitivity is, today with this column I would like to share an easy way to bake vegan and gluten free cookies without oil or butter. If you are gluten sensitive or intolerant, prepare them and indulge yourself without feeling guilty.
On Friendship Day today I promise you all that I will share more recipes that are just as easy and if you are looking for something specific then please share it with me. It will help me come up with more ideas and create more fun recipes.
Learn more for the step-by-step recipe for gluten-free and vegan oil-free almond cookies. For this recipe, you just need to throw in the gluten-free sourdough. If you’re just sensitive to gluten, a whole wheat throw would be just as good.
Vegan Oil-Free and Gluten-Free Almond Cookies
Ingredients (for 10 cookies)
* 1 cup of almond flour (roasted and ground almonds with peels)
* ¼ cc of vanilla extract
* 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
* 1 tablespoon of leaven, discarded
* A pinch of baking powder
* 2 tablespoons of water
* 2 tablespoons of grated chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- Mix everything and form a paste. Store it in cling film in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take out the cookie dough and divide it into 10 parts. Shape cookies by flattening them and place them evenly apart on a baking sheet. Be sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Once the oven is fully preheated, bake these cookies. Keep a manual check and return if necessary. Each oven behaves differently and you must be careful when cooking. You don’t need to overcook them.
- Also note that once the cookies have cooled they will be crispy. If you like the gooey texture of these artisanal cookies, enjoy them hot.
- Help yourself to these cookies with coffee and your favorite book. It’s okay to indulge in healthy ingredients.
(Shalini Rajani is the founder of Crazy Kadchi and runs innovative Millets cooking workshops for all age groups.)
For more lifestyle news, follow us: Twitter: lifestyle_ie | Facebook: IE Lifestyle | Instagram: ie_lifestyle