Amanda Nunes continues to show why she is widely regarded as the best fighter ever.
The UFC featherweight and bantamweight champion quickly faced challenger Megan Anderson in Saturday’s UFC 259.
Nunes (21-4 MMA, 14-1 UFC) quickly scored Anderson (10-5 MMA, 3-3 UFC) with a hard right hand and knocked out the Aussie. From there it was a loop as Nunes shot Anderson down, landed on the ground, secured the rear mount, then locked an inverted triangle choke to complete a straight cuff for the faucet.
It was beyond the dominant. Anderson never had a single moment in the two-minute fight.
The women’s featherweight title fight was the main co-event of UFC 259 at UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It was aired on pay-per-view after the preliminaries on ESPN and the first preliminaries on ESPN +.
Nunes is currently on a 12 game winning streak, which owns several of the biggest names in women’s MMA history such as Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, Cris Cyborg, Valentina Shevchenko and others. The last time Nunes lost was in 2014 when she suffered a TKO loss to Cat Zingano.
The Brazilian was successfully emerging from a featherweight title defense last summer at UFC 250 where she edged former Invicta FC champion Felicia Spencer. She didn’t defend her 135-pound title in two fights. His last bantamweight defense was a decision victory over Germaine de Randamie in December 2019.
Meanwhile, Anderson, a former Invicta FC champion, saw a two-game winning streak come to an end.
The most recent UFC 259 results include:
- Amanda Nunes beats. Megan Anderson via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2:03 – to defend the women’s featherweight title
- Aljamain Sterling defeats. Petr Yan via disqualification (illegal knee) – Round 4, 4:29 – to become UFC bantamweight champion
- Islam Makhachev def. Drew Dober via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 3, 1:37
- Aleksandar Rakic defeats. Thiago Santos via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Dominick Cruz beats. Casey Kenney by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Kyler Phillips defeats. Song Yadong via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Askar Askarov def. Joseph Benavidez by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Kai Kara-France beats. Rogerio Bontorin via TKO (punch) – Round 1, 4:55
- Tim Elliott beats. Jordan Espinosa via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)
- Kennedy Nzechukwu beats. Carlos Ulberg via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:19
- Sean Brady beats. Jake Matthews via Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) – Round 3, 3:28
- Amanda Lemos beats. Livinha Souza via TKO (punch) – Round 1, 3:39
- Uros Medic def. Aalon Cruz via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 1:40
- Trevin Jones defeats. Mario Bautista via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 0:47