HMD Global, a Finnish company is currently in charge of the Nokia brand. The company recently announced that all devices eligible for the upgrade have been upgraded to Android 12. The next focus of the team’s work is to upgrade to Android 13. Nokia Mobile has confirmed that some mobile phones will benefit of the Android 13 update.
- Nokia XR20 5G
- Nokia G50 5G
- Nokia G11 Plus
- Nokia X20 5G
- Nokia X10 5G
According to Nokia, the above mobile phones will be the first to receive the Android 13 update. Also, in Google’s Android Enterprise list, all five Nokia phones will receive the new Android 13. Android 13 is on the system list. Nokia XR20 5G, Nokia G50 5G, Nokia G11 Plus, Nokia X20 5G and Nokia X10. 5G. However, although the latest mobile phones like Nokia X30 5G and Nokia G60 5G are on the AER list, they do not support Android 13.
These five devices are aimed at enterprise customers. For consumers, the only one confirmed to start Android 13 beta testing is the Nokia X20 5G.
Nokia Bell launches Industrial Metaverse Club
Metaverse is the new technology trend in the industry. Unlike other technologies in the past, Metaverse has the biggest brands working on it. The likes of Meta, Apple, Samsung and others are all working on devices for the Metaverse. Nokia, like others, is also working on Metaverse technology. The company recently created the Nokia Bell Industrial Metaverse Club. The club will discuss business planning and experience digital innovation. The Nokia Bell Industrial Metaverse Club is a cooperation between Nokia Bell and other partners. Companies such as Finnish Chamber of Commerce, Shanghai Finnish Chamber of Commerce, ABB, Kone, Haier, etc. are part of the partnership.
Nokia Bell says it will slowly expand the regular communications service to an enterprise-level network solution. Nokia says it will create an open partner ecosystem. With this, it will integrate digital solutions for the enterprise end users. Nokia Bell is also showing its progress in its work on an on-site 5G network. This includes a rapid deployment of plug and play, minimalist cloud operation and maintenance. The Industrial Metaverse Lab also shows many ideas. This includes NDAC digital auto cloud platform, industrial AR/VR applications running on MXIE edge computing and NTC cluster application.
Gizchina News of the week
Nokia Bell explained 6G research and key technologies
Besides the Metaverse, Nokia is one of the major players in the evolution of a new communication network. In 5G, Nokia is one of the major players along with Huawei and Ericsson. Now the company is already working on a 6G network. The Global 6G Development Conference 2022 is on. The conference focuses on the 6G vision. The theme of the event is “Drawing the vision together and going hand in hand”. Nokia Bell Labs delivered a keynote on “6G, Foreseeing the Future”.
The conference focuses on the key trend of 6G as it connects the real world to the digital world. It is clear that the 6G network will be a good boost for the metaverse era in the future. First of all, 6G will be a powerful boost for the future metaverse era. It will support applications for the metaverse which focuses on interconnect technology. In fact, the heart of 6G lies in two main areas. How to value the human being and how to better control the physical world around us thanks to a good integration between the physical and digital worlds. In order to help the future metaverse era, 6G has come up with standards in terms of engineering design principles.
The standard includes
- Durability: This looks at the energy it consumes per unit bit. Energy efficiency will need to be increased. In addition, carbon emissions must be at a minimum.
- Digital inclusiveness: 6G must guarantee complete coverage. To achieve this, it will be necessary to integrate ground, air, space and even maritime communication systems. This is to ensure that 6G signals can reach all parts of the earth.
- Security and privacy: this aspect is very relevant for new 6G systems. There are many areas to this aspect. There will be a large number of devices connected to the network. It will have wider application of AI technology. It will also have several open interfaces. All of these aspects leave the system open to data interception. The existence of various hybrid clouds, open source and equipment from different vendors will lead to potential security risks.
6G network layers
Looking at the 6G network architecture, we can discuss the future 6G system in terms of high cognition, automation, specialization and personalization. We can look at the network from three layers:
- The first layer is the infrastructure layer. The idea of adopting various network functions on cloud platforms will continue to grow.
- The second layer is the network function layer. According to different standards of application scenarios, different network capabilities are provided to meet the KPI requirements of various applications.
- The third layer is the application layer. The transmission and processing of data involves risks. However, a new network will take care of all this later.
Nokia says it will solve 6G issues using six key technology trends. It will use spectrum technology, AI air interface technology, synesthesia integration technology and extreme network to ensure network security and reliability. Nokia is calling on the industry to do more research on the golden 7~20 GHz frequency band.