Nicki Minaj has finally responded to her husband’s rape victim, who claims the rapper and Kenneth Petty harassed her, threatening her life, and more!
Rap star Nicki Minaj blames her husband’s rape victim for trying to “extract money” from her in a $ 20 million lawsuit.
Jennifer Hough is suing Nicki and her husband, Kenneth “Zoo” Petty, for terrorizing her.
Hough claims the couple and their associates harassed her in an attempt to have Kenneth removed from the National Sex Offender Registry.
Hough claims that she was offered $ 500,000 to retract her allegation that Kenneth raped her at the threat of a knife in 1994.
Kenneth was convicted of attempted first-degree rape in 1995 and served four years in prison.
He is required to register as a sex offender in any jurisdiction in which he resides or has a job.
However, he pleaded guilty to living in California from July 2019 to November 19 without registering. As a result, Kenneth could face up to 10 years in prison when sentenced in January.
Jennifer Hough’s attorney filed for a default judgment earlier this week as Nicki and her husband failed to respond to the $ 20 million lawsuit.
According to Nicki, she was never properly served and requested time to submit documents in anticipation of a motion to dismiss the complaint.
The rapper accused a bailiff of lying about the service of a copy of the complaint on her husband, who in the documents was described as a “black man, 40, 200 pounds.” black hair, brown eyes.
“The process server is not telling the truth because it never happened. In fact, my husband is around 5’9 ” tall and weighs no more than 175 lbs. In addition, there is no one who resides in or was present in our house on September 15, 2021, who matches the description.
Nicki Minaj also said her lack of response was due to a series of innocent misunderstandings between her and her newly hired lawyer Judd Burstein.
The rapper said she asked her manager to hire Burstein. So Nicki was shocked on October 12 when she received papers claiming she defaulted on the $ 20 million lawsuit for not responding.
According to Nicki, her manager had not understood that she approved of Burstein to represent her, and therefore he had not been selected.
After a conversation, Nicki paid the deposit and Burstein agreed to officially represent her.
“My inability to respond to the complaint was the product of an innocent error, and I ask the court to excuse the delay so that I can defend what I believe to be a very frivolous case that the plaintiff’s lawyer has. brought against me for the purpose of using my name to generate publicity for itself. – Nicki Minaj in response to Jennifer Hough’s $ 20 million lawsuit
Nicki Minaj’s lawyer said Jennifer Hough had not made an application for which relief could be granted and the lawsuit should therefore be dismissed.
“The complaint does not allege that the accused, who was only 12 at the time and is now a successful and famous recording artist, was involved in this underlying conduct,” Judd said. Burstein.
“Rather, he is only alleging that she engaged in clearly non-prosecutable behavior, which allegedly began in 2018, in response to complainant Jennifer Hough’s demands for money,” he added.
Nicki Minaj is asking to quash Hough’s motion for a default judgment in order to present her argument for dismissing the lawsuit in its entirety.