With the latest update for Windows 11, Microsoft made a few changes and fixed a lot of issues. One of the notable changes is “Windows 11 black screen of death reverting to Windows 10 blue screen of death”. Microsoft has mentioned this change in the update release notes.
- Changes the screen color to blue when a device stops working or a Stop error occurs as in previous versions of Windows.
The update also provided fixes for many issues related to Windows 11 startup and hibernation. The update addresses issues such as unresponsive processor and unit crash handling issue. system memory management after hibernation.
Microsoft has also fixed the “bad image” error message on startup experienced by many Windows 11 users. The update also fixes the startup issue that prevents the Windows 11 PC from responding due to API calls from Licence.
Check the details of these fixes provided by Microsoft below.
- Addresses an issue that causes some users to see an unexpected “bad image” error message dialog box on startup.
- Addresses an issue that fails to automatically apply Computer GPOs on startup or in the background to devices in a domain that have certain processors.
- Fixes an issue that prevents your device from starting, and it stops responding due to licensing API calls.
- Addresses an issue that causes devices with certain processors to stop responding when they come out of hibernation.
- Addresses an issue that affects the handling of system memory management unit (SMMU) after hibernation.