Microsoft has released a new version of Office Build for Office Insiders on Windows. New Build 12624.20086 does not introduce new features, but it does bring many fixes and improvements. You can read the official changelog below.
- Fixed an issue where creating a rule with Outlook Web Access did not persist on the Exchange server and resulted in a conflict.
- Fixed an issue with Outlook in dark mode not displaying the drop-down list in the “From:” field.
- Addresses an issue that prevented users from attaching a file to their email message through File Explorer when the file was opened in another application.
- Fixed an issue where the recommended thumbnails blink when you hover over the thumbnails. In some cases, this could cause PowerPoint to crash.
- Fixed an issue with the compare function for documents protected for editing.
- Fixed a Word / Excel / PowerPoint issue where the user principal name (UPN) was no longer case sensitive, which resulted in fewer failures when using files on SharePoint.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue where the “OK” button in the File Options dialog box was displayed in gray but the functionality was not affected.
To update to the latest version of Office Insider Preview, open any Office program and go to File> Account> Update Options> Update Now.