Prince harry was eager to be reunited with his family as soon as possible after the death of his grandfather, Prince Philip, but his wife Meghan markle, pregnant with their second child, was unable to catch the flight. But the Duchess of Sussex made sure the Royal Family knew her thoughts were with them, arranging with Harry to send a wreath to be laid on the Duke of Edinburgh’s behalf. Meghan also included a handwritten map.
The crown is designed and handcrafted by Willow Crosley, who has a long history with Meghan and Harry – she designed the flower arrangements for their wedding night at Windsor Castle in 2018, the christening of baby Archie in 2019 and the Hubb Community cookbook launch event at the palace of Kensington. The crown in honor of Prince Philip includes a number of symbolic touches, including Acanthus mollis (bear breeches) as the national flower of Greece and Eryngium (Sea Holly), to represent the Royal Marines. Even the roses are a nod to the Duke’s birth month, June.
Meghan is said to be watching the funeral service, broadcast live around the world, from her home in Montecito. Harry reunited with his family for the first time in over a year for the service, walking alongside his cousin Peter Phillips and brother Prince william in the procession that followed Philip’s coffin, and socially seated at a distance on the benches of St. George’s Chapel, where he and Meghan were married nearly three years ago. Upon arriving in the UK, Harry isolated himself at Frogmore Cottage, which was the couple’s home in Windsor, before seeing family members.
After the funeral service, Prince William and Prince William were surprised by television cameras walking together and talking – a possible indication of a family rift about to be mended.
More interesting stories from Vanity Fair
– Britney Spears’ incredibly melancholy Doc you’ve never heard of
– Letter from RO Kwon to Asian women whose hearts are always breaking
– Angelina Jolie offers to testify against Brad Pitt in extended divorce
– The 14 Best Retinol Products For A Skin Reboot
– British constitution expert explains why Royals are trapped
– Break the case of London’s acrobatic rare book thieves
– How a jurassic park The roller coaster has been attacked by real raptors
– From archives: Disturbing signs of Ted Ammon’s murder in East Hampton
– Serena Williams, Michael B. Jordan, Gal Gadot and more are coming to your favorite screen April 13-15. Buy your Vanity Fair Cocktail Hour tickets, live! here.