Magisk by XDA Senior Recognized Developer topjohnwu does not need to be introduced to Android aftermarket development world, so we will save your time. Today topjohnwu announced that Magisk is updated to version 22.0. The need and desire for root level access on Android devices has allowed Magisk to stay at the top of the rankings for several years as one of the most dynamic and innovative root solutions. The latest update just shows why the above is true.
Magisk XDA Forums
Over the past few weeks, we’ve seen a few Magisk updates from topjohnwu in various guises, from merging the Magisk Manager app with the Magisk install ZIP to news regarding compatibility with the latest flagship Galaxy S21 series. from Samsung. Earlier today, all of the updates, tech talks, and threads finally took the form of a major update through a stable channel. Magisk version 22.0 officially marks the end of a separate Magisk Manager add-on app, known as the Magisk APK – simply called Magisk app from now on – can act both as a typical Android installation package and as a flashable ZIP file recognized by TWRP.
Magisk v22.0 changelog:
- [General] Magisk and Magisk Manager are now merged into the same package!
- [App] The term “Magisk Manager” is no longer used elsewhere. We call it the Magisk app.
- [App] Support for hiding the Magisk app with advanced technique (loading APK from stub) on Android 5.0+ (previously it was 9.0+)
- [App] Prohibit reconditioning of the Magisk app on devices below Android 5.0
- [App] Detect and warn of several invalid states and provide instructions on how to resolve it
- [MagiskHide] Fixed bug when stopping MagiskHide does not take effect
- [MagiskBoot] Fixed a bug when unpacking
lz4_lgcompressed boot images
- [MagiskInit] Galaxy S21 series support
- [MagiskSU] Correct incorrect APEX paths that caused
libsqlite.sodo not charge
If you want to try the latest version of Magisk on your device, you can find the download link below. If you are not familiar with Magisk, you should check out our in-depth guide on how to root your device using the tool. Finally, if you have any issues with the new version, be sure to file a bug report on the project’s GitHub repository.
Download Magisk v22.0