Italy: it is a place where you can travel freely. For now, anyway. So come on. Dip the fresh pasta in a shower of Parmesan. Cash in all those lockdown hours spent on Duolingo. Instagram a photo of the clear azure Venetian waters, then notice how awesome it is without tourists and ignore the fact that you are, in fact, part of the big dirty canals problem. Also visit Palazzo Labia: a Baroque monument that looks a lot like an Amsterdam stop with a depressing name, but is actually one of the last of its kind in this crumbling city, with its golden halls and imposing ceilings and amazingly frescoes. ethereal. Look at them. What do you see? Seraphim? Pegasus? Cherubim? Justin Bieber and Harry Styles?
Yes you do. Because in recent months, you can see every pop prodigy not on the faces of those flying babies, but in the hair. It’s a perfect choice for Styles, the owner of Disney’s kind of tousled soft curls that get people to write fan fiction. These are 70s love cherubs curls, a perfect cover for Woodstock shirts made from antique floral fabrics. But for Bieber, this is relatively new territory.
In his recent appearance in Drake and DJ Khaled’s new video for “ Popstar, ” the 26-year-old is at Versace, dripping with diamonds and confusing the daunting task of drinking two different drinks at once to be a scorer of success. This is not the novelty. What’s new is Bieber’s hair: a sandy blonde mop rather than a neon shade of ’90s Paris Hilton, with soft curls framing the face. “Actually, it’s not that different from her early days, there just isn’t a fringe film,” says Betty Lingwood, hairstylist at the Liberty branch in Ruffians store. “And it’s actually a form of something we all know and don’t care about: the bowl cut. But it looks awesome here because of the smart styling. Much of what you do depends on how you style it at home, once you are gone the comfort of the barber chair. “
Moreover, there is not one true way to be like the infantile messengers of one true God. Like, Styles, you can go longer, getting that shoulder-length hair for a looser version of the biblical lids. Or, like Bieber, you can become rosy-cheeked cherubs. “Ask your hairstylist for a messy round shape, tapered down the back. Lots of texture and cut in such a way that the hair is encouraged to sit forward. Make sure everything is cut smoothly with no harsh lines. Think feathery, ”says Lingwood.
This content is imported from YouTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.
Also consider your own skills. Barbers are trained (and paid) to make guys look like creatures from the divine. You are not. “Home maintenance is the complex part,” says Lingwood. “Start with damp, towel-dried hair, avoid using combs or brushes from there unless you want a fluffy schoolboy look. Then add texturizing spray – sea salt spray such as Ruffians Sea Salt Spray. is your friend here. Cover the hair evenly, making sure that the roots hold the attention. Take a diffuser (that huge old school thing that attaches to the end of your hair dryer, your mom probably had one in the 80s) and on medium heat and medium speed, wave it through the hair until until they are about 80% dry. Let the remaining 20% dry naturally. Once dry, put your hands in the roots and tousle, relax it a bit. “And that’s it. Which, of course, is a lot.
Plus, Bieber’s hair isn’t for everyone. This shorter variation works best with sand-colored hair, because a darker mop can hang over the face and look like a mop, Lingwood says. So, again, find your sweet spot between that and Styles.
Or just admire from afar, peaceful and serene as you witness Liechtenstein’s GDP-worth cherubs soaring above the Apple Music Charts. Good boys can go to heaven, but so can misbehaved pop stars. Or, at the very least, they will reach the ceilings of a ruined palace in Venice.
Like this article? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more articles like this straight to your inbox
Need a little positivity now? Subscribe to Esquire now for a touch of style, fitness, culture and expert advice
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on piano.io