Like many of us, Jessica is trying to eat healthier in the New Year.
She recently had a simple kale salad with delicious toppings and was thinking of trying one at home.
This recipe is easy, crunchy and delicious!
This segment aired on California Cooking with Jessica Holmes Episode 90.
Kale salad with apples, pecans and roast chicken
- 2 heads of kale
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced with a mandolin or finely chopped
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cubed with peel
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- A pinch of salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Red wine vinegar splash
- Olive oil
- Leftover roast chicken, minced (you can substitute the bacon)
- Blue cheese crumbles (about 2 to 3 tablespoons)
- Avocado, cubed (add a little lemon)
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop it.
- Use a mandolin to cut the celery and add it to the kale.
- Combine the Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, lemon, honey, vinegar and olive oil to prepare the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and toss to soften.
- Add the apples, roast chicken and blue cheese to the salad.
- Toast the pecans, add them to the salad and garnish with avocado.
Suggest a correction