This guide covers how to install the public beta of MacOS Catalina. I will do my best to make sure you understand this guide very well. Hope you all like this How to Install MacOS Catalina Public Beta guide.
MacOS Catalina public beta is now available for download and installation for Adventurers. With the MacOS Catalina Public Beta, you can try out all the exciting new features of MacOS 10.15 including Sidecar, which lets you use iPad as a secondary monitor, Screen Time for Mac, Activation Lock for Mac, Photo enhancements, Notes, Reminders, and more.
This tutorial shows you how to install the public beta of MacOS Catalina on a compatible Mac.
Important: Installing the MacOS Catalina 10.15 Public Beta is not for everyone. Beta system software is generally faulty, less reliable, prone to crashes, and may have other issues and issues that could make your computer unusable or provide a less than satisfactory experience. Some applications may not work at all with MacOS Catalina Beta. Therefore, while anyone can install MacOS Catalina Public Beta, it is generally only suitable for advanced users, and it is best to install MacOS Catalina Public Beta on a separate Mac that is not the primary workstation. .
You need to make sure that you have a MacOS compatible with MacOS Catalina. Typically, any Mac built after 2021 will support MacOS Catalina, but if you’re curious, you’ll see a list of MacOS Catalina supported Macs here.
How to install the MacOS Catalina public beta »helpful wiki
- Back up with Mac Time Machine, it is very important to back up your computer and data to avoid data loss *
- Go to Apple’s beta enrollment site here and sign in with your Apple ID, then go to “Register your device”
- Scroll down to the macOS partition and select “Download macOS Beta Public Access Utility”
- Once the “macOS Beta Public Access Utility” has downloaded, install the disk image and run the package installer.
- Run the installer to choose to install the MacOS public beta profile
- When you’re done, go to System Preferences> Software Update and find the macOS Catalina Beta program you want to download and click Update Now to start downloading the macOS Catalina public installer (you may need to be updating this settings panel for the update to appear.).
- When the download is complete, the “Install MacOS Catalina Beta” screen appears – you can now either close the installer to create a public MacOS Catalina Beta-USB install drive, or complete the installation and start the installation. install MacOS Catalina immediately on your current Mac.
- If you decide to complete the installation, follow the steps to select the target disk where MacOS Catalina will be installed and let the installation complete, it may take some time. Once completed, the Mac will restart to the public beta of MacOS Catalina.
Remember to be a good beta tester and send detailed bug reports often with the “Feedback Assistant”! Not only can this help improve MacOS Catalina, it can even help customize features and aspects of the operating system. Therefore, you should always report any errors that you encounter, but you can also recommend improvements or even suggest changes, accessibility recommendations and just have your voice heard.
Note that if you want to create a bootable MacOS Catalina public beta USB install drive, you must do so before installing MacOS Catalina. This is because installing the public beta of MacOS Catalina automatically removes the installer once the installation is complete, and this installer is required to create a USB boot drive.
Dual booting the public beta of macOS Catalina with another version, such as macOS Mojave, is possible, but it’s not generally recommended, it’s best to install it completely on a separate Mac. However, you can choose to install MacOS Catalina Beta in a separate APFS repository that sits alongside macOS Mojave and shares the same disk space. However, there are many mixed reports of these dual boot situations causing issues with the recovery partition, so do so at your own risk and only after creating a full backup of your Mac.
If you install MacOS Catalina Beta and decide that it is not suitable for regular use, you can migrate from MacOS Catalina Beta and go back to a previous stable version of Mac OS, provided you have backed up Time Machine before you start. install Catalina 10.15 Beta. The upgrade process then includes formatting and restoring the drive from a previous Time Machine backup.
Apple has announced that the final version of MacOS Catalina will be released in the fall of 2021.
* The backup ensures not only the preservation of the data, but also the possibility to update it as needed.
Pros: How to Install MacOS Catalina Public Beta
- The guide How to Install MacOS Catalina Public Beta is free.
- We help many internet users to follow with interest in a practical way.
- The cost of How to Install the MacOS Catalina Public Beta is free.
FAQ: How to install the MacOS Catalina public beta
MacOS Catalina Public Beta Installation Guide
In this guide, I’ve told you how to install the MacOS Catalina public beta.
How does this guide help you?
In this guide, I discuss how to install the MacOS Catalina Public Beta, which is very helpful.
What devices are supported for this guide?
What operating systems are supported?
Final note: How to install the MacOS Catalina public beta
If you have any questions regarding how to install the MacOS Catalina Public Beta, please send us a request through the comments section below or contact us directly.
Education: This guide or tutorial is for educational purposes only.
Disinformation: If you would like to correct any erroneous information on the “How to Install MacOS Catalina Public Beta” guide, please contact us.
You want to add an alternative method: If anyone would like to add more methods to the How to Install MacOS Catalina Public Beta guide, please contact us.
Our contact: Please use our contact page for any help.