The EMUI 12 carnival continues to grow and Huawei is pushing out this update for as many devices as possible. However, no one is happier than smartphone owners – Huawei P Smart 2019, P Smart+, Smart Z, P Smart Pro and Y9 Prime 2019 to get a changelog loaded with EMUI 12 features.
According to the information, these phones are available in different markets and regions. The most important aspect of these devices includes their launch dates, which are now 3-4 years old. Moreover, all of these phones are below average prices, which makes the EMUI 12 upgrade even more crucial.
Therefore, we can definitely say that EMUI 12 for Huawei P Smart series and Y9 Prime 2019 directly targets user experience. How? Some of these models only run EMUI 10 and have not been upgraded with other major versions of EMUI.
On the other hand, EMUI 12 comes with lots of new features and a new user interface which is much better than its predecessor. Therefore, EMUI 12 changelog and its installation for Huawei P Smart 2019, P Smart+, Smart Z, P Smart Pro and Y9 Prime 2019 will surely bring happy faces.
A few things to know:
EMUI 12 for the devices mentioned above is rolling out in batches, gradually growing among consumers. Therefore, the update will appear on your smartphone once it arrives in your country.
Before proceeding with getting this update, make sure you get a backup of important data. The upgrade takes some time, so you will have to wait for the installation to complete. Next, make sure that you have enough storage space to store the EMUI 12 OTA download package.
Check out the changelog below.
This update introduces EMUI 12, giving you an intuitive interface, a multi-device section in the control pane, and various useful functions.
- Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows and reflections to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to expand them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control panel to the panel for easy switching between different audio devices and applications.
- Allows you to easily multitask in split-screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to show the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. You can also tap an app icon to display it in a floating window. You can then collapse the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access later.
Smart life in all scenarios
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app which lets you make voice and HD video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats. Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
- In the Discover tab of the Gallery, you can create video stories using pre-installed templates, special effects, and background music. Video editing features have been simplified and provide additional instructions on using the timeline and editing options.
- This update will not delete your personal information. However, it is recommended to back up important data before updating.
- Some third-party apps not compatible with EMUI 12 may not work properly after the update. It is recommended to update these apps to the latest version in the App Store.
- If you encounter any problems during the update, call the Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center.
- The layout of the home screen can be changed slightly.
- The system version can be restored to the official EMUI 10 version in HiSuite. If you roll back the system version, all your personal data will be deleted. Therefore, back up your data beforehand.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
- For more functions, see Tips.
- After the update, the Wi-Fi calling function will be disabled by default for some SIM cards. If needed, you can manually enable it in Settings > Cellular Network > Cellular Data.