Apple Pay is currently one of the most popular contactless payment apps in the world. It is currently supported by millions of vendors in the United States, Europe, Asia and beyond, allowing users to pay for products and services using only their iPhone.
The application allows individuals to connect their credit cards, debit cards, loyalty cards, etc. to their phones and use them with just a few clicks.
Apple Pay, along with other similar services like Google Pay, is currently the easiest way to pay merchants without having to carry around your wallet. However, what sets Apple Pay apart from other payment apps is the fact that it offers the best support, globally.
Apple’s payment solution has been around for several years and has extended its services to more than 65 countries. This, combined with its intuitive interface, makes the app one of the most convenient contactless payment methods ever developed.
That being said, as simple as Apple Pay can be to use, it can be confusing setting it up for the first time. From creating an Apple Wallet to making the first payments, several steps are not clearly explained in the application.
Today we’ll look at them, along with how to make payments and withdraw money from your Apple Pay account.
Install the Apple Wallet app
Apple Wallet is the application you need to use the Apple Pay service. He is
- Open the App store on your iPhone to see all the apps you can download
- Select the To look for tab in the lower right corner of the screen
- Enter Apple Wallet in the search field and start the search
- Select the Apple Wallet the app and install it
- Exit the store, go to your main screen and your app will be there
Keep in mind that the Apple Wallet app comes pre-installed on most modern iPhones. Unless you removed it manually, you won’t need to reinstall it. Check your installed apps before attempting to download Apple Wallet.
Add a payment method
Once you’ve installed the app, it’s time to set it up. Apple Wallet works as an intermediary between your credit, debit, transit, and Apple cards and the person you want to send money to. It will store the details of all the cards you link to it, so you can access funds directly from your iPhone, with just a few clicks.
To use Apple Pay, you will first need to add the details of one or more cards to Apple Wallet. You’ll need to repeat the process for each card you add, but following the steps only takes a few minutes. Here is what you need to do:
- Open your Apple Wallet from the main screen
- Press the more (+) sign to open a menu that will allow you to add your cards to the app
- Choose the type of card you want to add to the wallet
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan your card and automatically add its information to the app
The Apple Card you can apply for is a credit card issued by Goldman Sachs. It comes with a variable interest rate and individuals will need a good credit rating to get it.
Pay for products and services with Apple Pay
You can use Apple Pay to pay merchants, ATMs, and more. Generally speaking, almost any payment outlet that accepts credit or debit cards will also accept Apple Pay. Once you’ve added your cards to the Wallet app, making payments is easy.
- Double tap the Side button on the right by holding it near an Apple Pay reader
- Once your Apple Pay cards are displayed, choose the one you want to pay with
- Confirm your payment
- You will receive an audio signal when the payment has been made
Keep in mind that the Double-click the side button shortcut may not be enabled by default. You can enable it by going to Settings, pressing Wallet and Apple Pay, then activating the Double-click the side button option.
Send money to friends and family
You can also use the Apple Pay feature to send money to various people like friends and family members. However, to do this, you will first need to set up Apple Cash.
This will create a Cash account in your Apple Wallet. You can use it to store money you receive from other people, or to send payments to other people who have Apple Pay and Apple Wallet enabled. Also, keep in mind that you should also use iMessage to send money to individuals.
To set up Apple Cash, follow these steps:
- Go to your Apple Wallet
- Tap the called black card Cash
- Follow the prompts to set up the new account. This will usually only ask you to confirm the information you have already submitted
- Go to the posts application
- Tap the person you want to send money to
- Select the Apple Pay icon displayed at the top of your keyboard
- Decide if you want to send or request money
From there, simply choose the amount you want to send or request and follow the on-screen instructions.
Withdraw money from Apple Cash or leave it in a safe place
To withdraw money from the Apple Cash account, all you need to do is:
- Go to the Apple Wallet app, select payment card
- Click on the menu symbol (three dots)
- Faucet Bank account
- To select Transfer to the bank
- Choose the amount you want to withdraw
- hurry Following to initiate the transfer
Please keep in mind that the transfer is not instantaneous. It will take between one and three days for the money to be transferred to your bank account.
Plus, the Apple Cash account is FDIC insured, which means you can use it to keep your money safe, just like a regular bank account.
Simplify Apple Pay
You will need to follow some of the above steps only once. Setting up apps can take several minutes, but once done, making payments only takes a few clicks.
With more and more merchants accepting Apple Pay payments, it’s quickly becoming easier to have all your credit and debit cards on your phone than having to carry them everywhere you go.
Do you have any thoughts on this? Let us know below in the comments or forward the discussion to our Twitter or Facebook.