If an iPhone no longer appeals to you and you got yourself a brand new Android phone, there are some hurdles you might want to overcome. A major problem you run into after switching sides is chat transfer. Previously, users did not have the option to transfer their WhatsApp chats from one phone to another. With Android 12 now available, Google is giving users the option to transfer WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Android. Scroll down to see how to transfer WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Android.
Use these simple steps to transfer WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Android phone
Google has made kernel-level changes with Android 12 through which users can transfer WhatsApp chats between phones. At this point, the feature is limited to Pixel phones, but will gradually be available across the ecosystem. However, you can still try it out to see if you received it. If you are not familiar with the mechanism, see how to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android phone.
1. The first thing you need to do is return to factory settings your phone running Android 12.
2. Connect the iPhone from which you want to transfer WhatsApp chats to Android phone using a USB-C to Lightning Cable.
3. Now just follow the on-screen instructions to import all or some data from iPhone to your Android 12 phone.
4. Once you’ve done that, just press the Continue button to complete the data transfer.
5. During the transfer process, you will be prompted to scan a QR Code on your Android phone. Use your iPhone’s camera to scan QR code.
6. After the iPhone scans the QR code on the Android phone, WhatsApp will automatically open on your iPhone, all you need to do is tap the Start button.
That’s all you need to do to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android phone. The process is quite simple as long as you follow the steps carefully. It’s great to see companies adding the option to migrate chats between apps, which wasn’t possible before without third-party software. Now all you need is a cable that comes in the box and you’re set.
We’ll be sharing more guides and tutorials in the future, so be sure to stick with us. Have you encountered any difficulties during the process on your Android phone? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.