Whether you live in the same city or live thousands of miles away, video calls are the best way to stay in touch with loved ones. When the world shut down in 2020, video calling allowed people to see family members, be virtually present on special occasions, and even work from home.
Video calls have become an important and integral part of our lives, and making video calls on Android is easier than ever. Here are three easy ways to make a video call on Android.
An Android smartphone is customizable by design and the user experience varies depending on the device manufacturer. That’s why we provide three ways to make video calls on Android. No matter which of best android phones you use, you can use any of these methods to make a video call.
How to Make Video Calls on Android Using the Default Phone App
Google Meet (formerly Google Duo) is the default video calling app for Android, and depending on your device, it’s integrated into the Phone app by default. If the other party has an Android phone with Google Meet integration, you can make a video call without installing any third-party apps.
- Launch it Phone app on your Android smartphone.
- Open the contact you want to call.
- If you are using this function for the first time, use the Implement and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your video calling account.
- After completing the setup, press the Video button to start video call.
If the other party hasn’t set up their account, you’ll see an option to invite them, which requires them to set up their account. If you don’t trust them with the setup process, create a Google Meet meeting they can join without creating an account.
How to Make Video Calls on Android with Google Meet
Previously, Google offered two video calling solutions. While Google Duo was the default video calling app on Android devices, Google Meet was a business calling solution. However, the company has started merging these services, with Google Duo slowly transitioning to Google Meet. You can use the Google Meet app (formerly Google Duo) to make video calls on your Android smartphone even if the other person isn’t using the app.
For this guide, when we say Google Meet, we mean the app formerly called Google Duo that comes pre-installed on your Android smartphone.
From now on, the app name and icon will appear as Google Duo on your phone’s home screen.
- Launch Google Meet (formerly Google Duo) on your Android smartphone.
- Press the New button.
- The list of your contacts is separated into two sections: Connect to Meet and Meeting invitation call.
- If the contact you want to call is under the Connect to Meet section, tap their name to start the video call.
- To make a video call without inviting the other party, start a Google Meet meeting. Choose the Create a new meeting option.
- Copy the meeting link and share it with the person you want to video call. Then press the Join the meeting button to join the call.
How to make a video call on Android with Telegram
You can make video calls using Telegram and have fun with your friends and family. However, Telegram isn’t the most secure chat app, so be sure to follow our simple tips for using Telegram safely.
- Launch it Telegram app on your Android phone.
- Open the contact you want to call and tap the three-dot menu in the top right corner.
- Press the Video call button to initiate the call.
How to make a video call on Android with WhatsApp
There are many ways to have a great WhatsApp experience, and one of them is to make video calls.
- Launch it whatsapp app on your phone.
- The contact you want to call.
- Press the Video icon to start the video call.
Connect with loved ones via video call on Android
Whether you use the default Google Meet app or apps like WhatsApp and Telegram, you can easily make video calls on your Android smartphone. Since all of these apps support group video calls, you can use them to connect with multiple people. Also, if you prefer using Google Meet, you should check out our favorite Google Meet tips and tricks to improve your video calling experience.