In the wake of the iPhone, iPad and Mac, AirPods Pro have joined rows Apple devices beta updates. Apple will now release regular beta updates for AirPods Pro which can be installed by anyone using an Apple developer account.
This beta gives you access to upcoming features before their general release.. With the first beta of AirPods Pro, that means you go take the test ambient noise reduction mode and Spatial audio features for FaceTime calls.
To install this beta, you must be operation iOS 15 Developer Beta 3 or higher, with Xcode 13 Beta 3 on your Mac. Before you begin, it’s important to note that there is no way to downgrade the firmware on AirPods Pro if something goes wrong. you will have to wait for the release of an update to eliminate the bugs.
How Iinstall the AirPods Pro beta profile on iPhone
While the overall process for activating the AirPods Pro beta is quite different, you will be familiar with the beta profile installation process if you have already installed the iOS 15 developer beta.
- On your iPhone, go to the Downloads section on Apple’s developer site.
- After logging in, press the scrolling menu icon next to the “Downloads” section and choose the “After”Option.
- Fin the “AirPods Pro Beta” section and press the “See the details“button.
- Choose the “iOSAirPodsProSeed.mobileconfig“profile and press the “To permit”Button to install it.
- Open the “Settings“, press the”Profile uploaded“top option, and choose the”Install”To install the profile on your device. Enter your device password to authenticate.
- Tap “Install“again, and finally press the”Made”To complete the process.
Enable AirPros Pro beta updates using Xcode
The beta profile for AirPods Pro is now installed on your iPhone, but the process of fact the installation of the beta update is different from the others beta developers for iOS and iPadOS.
This one involves using Xcode on your Mac, however just for authentication. Before you begin, make sure that you are running the latest beta of Xcode (Xcode 13 beta 3).
- First, connect your AirPods to your iPhone, then connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Launch the Xcode beta app on your Mac. (You don’t have to do anything else. Just open it.)
- On your iPhone, open the “Settings” application and go to “Developer“section.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose the “Pre-release beta firmware”Option.
- You will find your paired AirPods Pro at the top. Tap the toggle next to it to enable beta software updates for AirPods Pro. Press the “Accept”To agree to Apple’s terms and conditions, and you’re good to go.
To trigger the update, charge your AirPods Pro to 100%, connect them to your iPhone, and close the hinge of the carrying case.
To find out if your firmware has been updated, go to Settings >Bluetooth, press the “I”Next to your AirPods Pro and check the firmware number.
How to remove beta firmware from AirPods Pro
While you can’t undo firmware updates, you can exit the beta channel to wait. stable updates in the future.
Open the “Settings“and go to General > Profile and device management > AirPods Pro Firmware Profile. Here, press the “Delete profile”To remove the AirPods Pro beta profile from your device.