Smartphone camera improvements have eliminated the need to carry around a dedicated video recorder to shoot video. One can now record a video anytime and anywhere with a single click and that too in resolutions as high as 4K. Shooting in high resolution also means large video files, which can be a problem for storage and sharing, especially the latter. This is where video compression comes into play.
You can choose to compress a video to make it smaller and share it quickly. It will also help you save valuable data if you are sharing via a cellular data plan. Google Play Store has a number of options for video compression apps, but not all of them are good. That’s why we picked an app that will help you compress videos on Android easily.
Compress videos on Android:
- Launch the Video Compressor app on your Android device.
- Press the Compress video banner followed by Select video option.
- Grant the storage access app permission to continue.
- Choose the video file and press the Compress button. If you have a lot of video files, you can access large files quickly by switching to the Large tab.
- Select your preferred compression settings like encoder type, video format, file size and video resolution.
- Press the Compress and enter the file name.
- Press Start to begin the compression process and wait for it to complete.
The actual time for compression to complete varies depending on the video file. Once the file is compressed, you can choose to save it to your phone’s gallery app. It can also be shared with others through your preferred method.