Yes, Huawei continues to expand the presence of the HarmonyOS operating system not only in internal devices but also in the software industry. The latest entry on this topic reveals that the HarmonyOS 3.0 industry now has 14 open source OpenHarmony distributions of this software.
HarmonyOS 3.0 has the latest software user experience and the company recently launched its consumer version for smartphones and tablets. As it will expand widely from September this year.
According to information, HarmonyOS Connect devices have exceeded 470 million units, after Huawei officially released the HarmonyOS 3 operating system. Currently, at least 8 A-listed companies have released 14 industrial distributions based on the open project source HarmonyOS – OpenHarmony.
The report on this issue reveals that after three years, the foundation of the Hongmeng system has become more and more stable, and the ecology has gradually developed.
Thanks to the joint efforts of all industry participants, OpenHarmony has passed through the incipient phase of chaos. The operating system has driven the prosperity of the ecosystem through the innovation of root technology, gradually opening the door to “commercial application” opportunities and other important solutions.
OpenHarmony is an open source project of the HarmonyOS operating system, first launched at the Huawei Developer Conference 2019. The company created this open source at the HDC 2022 event and later donated it to Open Atom Open Source Foundation which manages the code repository.
The project allows industry players to base it and co-create a new operating system that could be used for various computing tasks and applications. That’s not all, HarmonyOS’ extensive open APIs allow users to connect different devices to the low 128KB of memory.
Open HarmonyOS provides a unified and integrated digital innovation foundation platform for the personal consumption, healthcare, finance, energy, industrial, transportation, etc. sectors that will cover the next generation of smart home, travel, sports, health, entertainment, office, education, social shopping, industrial production and other scenarios.
In 2022, six OpenHarmony distribution vendors will release commercial versions based on OpenHarmony for different technology areas.
- Austrian thinking: launch of the first commercial distribution of MILOS for general industrial and IoT applications.
- Honghu Wanlian: released the first commercial version of OpenHarmony for devices in the commercial display industry.
- Kaihong Zhigu: Launching OpenHarmony in education, transportation, industry, smart city, agriculture and other industrial distribution, and publishing model cases and industrial solutions.
- Runhe Software: HiHopeOS industrial distributions based on OpenHarmony will be released successively, such as OpenHarmony distributions for industries such as finance, education, and energy.
- Shenzhen Kaihong: Based on OpenHarmony, KaihongOS will be launched focusing on eight areas including finance, government affairs and industrial control, and the business ecosystem will enter a rapid development stage.
- Tongxin Software: Plans to launch OpenHarmony smart device operating systems and solutions for education, finance, transportation, energy, power, telecommunications, government affairs and other industries .
(via – Sina Tech)