“We are proud to be named one of the best companies to work for in the country during these difficult times in the healthcare industry,” said Tommy Inzina, President and CEO of BayCare. “We are fortunate to have an extraordinary team of over 29,000 clinicians and team members who work tirelessly to provide high quality, compassionate care to the community in the midst of a global pandemic.
BayCare has received recognition for being trustworthy, caring and fair in times of crisis, and for providing comprehensive support to the physical, emotional and financial health of team members. BayCare has also been noted for its wider community impact during the COVID-19 pandemic. In this survey, 90% of BayCare employees said the organization was a great place to work. This number is 31 points higher than the average for American companies.
“Congratulations to the Top 100 Companies to Work for. These companies have stood out for their heroic efforts to take care of their employees, customers and our company during a difficult year,” said Michael C. Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work. “Remarkably, our research found that employee experience scores increased across all of these workplaces over the past year – a testament to the resilience of their inclusive cultures and high trust.”
Great Place to Work® selected the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work for® by collecting and analyzing responses to confidential surveys from over half a million employees from Great Place to Work-Certified ™ organizations to across the country. This year, 60% of BayCare’s score was based on confidential employee feedback. The remaining 40% were based on programs created by BayCare to support team members and its community during the pandemic.
About the BayCare Health System
BayCare is a leading not-for-profit healthcare system that connects individuals and families to a wide range of services in 15 hospitals and hundreds of other convenient locations across the Tampa bay and central Florida Regions. Inpatient and outpatient services include acute care, primary care, imaging, laboratory, behavioral health, home care, and wellness. Our mission is to improve the health of everyone we serve through community-owned health care services that set the standard for high-quality, compassionate care. For more information, visit www.BayCare.org.
About Great Place to Work
Great Place to Work® is the global authority on corporate culture. They help organizations quantify their culture and drive better business results by creating a highly reliable work experience for all employees. Emprising®, their culture management platform, empowers leaders with the surveys, real-time reports and information they need to make data-driven decisions. They use their unmatched benchmark data to recognize Great Place to Work-Certified ™ and Best Workplaces ™ companies in the United States and over 60 countries, including the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list published annually in Fortune.