Former Real Madrid attacking midfielder and current free agent Isco is ‘waiting’ for Everton to offer him a deal, according to reports.
The Spaniard had appeared set to join Bundesliga leaders Union Berlin but the deal fell through at the last minute on deadline day.
Isco had his contract terminated by Sevilla in December after relations between him and manager Jorge Sampaoli broke down, but whether Sean Dyche wants him at Everton remains to be seen.
It is according to Express, who claim the three-time Champions League winner was ‘offered’ to Everton by his agent.
As mentioned, the Toffees had a dismal transfer window, missing up to 14 targets on deadline day, despite selling Anthony Gordon to Newcastle for £40m (£45m with add-ons).
Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has also promised new manager Sean Dyche at least two new signings before the January window closes, so the lack of business has been a source of great frustration for the Evertonians.
Everton currently sit 18th in the table having won just four of their first 21 league games, officially the worst start in their history. However, their fantastic 1-0 win over Arsenal on Saturday suggests they still have quality in their squad.
If he can play to the best of his abilities, Isco could potentially be a real boost to Everton’s survival hopes. However, one wonders if it would fit into Dyche’s hard graft system.
Everton unsure whether to sign Isco
As mentioned, Isco had a fantastic career. In nine years at Real Madrid, the striker has scored 57 goals and made 53 assists in 353 appearances in all competitions.
The Spaniard also picked up plenty of accolades along the way, winning 20 major trophies, including five Champions Leagues, three league titles, a Copa del Rey and four FIFA Club World Cups.
However, since joining Sevilla last summer, Isco’s form has been very disappointing.
In 19 appearances for the Spanish club in all competitions, he has scored just one goal and made three assists, which is a poor comeback for a player of his pedigree.
There have also been accusations that his fitness isn’t up to snuff, which is likely to put Everton off.
In Dyche’s first game in charge against Arsenal, the Toffees players statistically ran more than they have in any other game so far this season, showing that the former Burnley boss wants build a team that works hard on and off the ball.
For this reason, Isco may not be the right fit for Everton. That said, they clearly lack creativity in their squad, scoring the penultimate number of Premier League goals so far, so for that reason they can still kick it.
Another factor for the Blues to consider is that the 30-year-old is said to have very high salary demands.
With all that in mind, Everton will have to weigh the pros and cons before approaching Isco, but what is certain is that the player is interested in joining the Merseyside club.
LEARN MORE: Everton and West Ham set to battle for in-form Bundesliga striker, with summer move in sight
The article Everton ‘offered’ the five-time Champions League winner after Dyche’s disastrous January window appeared first on Teamtalk.com.