Varicose veins are a medical condition that affects millions of people around the world, and several popular actors and celebrities have also battled it. Celebrities such as Jessica Alba, Taapsee Pannu, Emma Thompson, Britney Spears and others have talked about it and proven that the treatment of the disease is possible. Here are some celebs who have treated varicose veins and everything you need to know about the condition.
Celebrities with varicose veins:
Jessica Alba is one of the celebrities who is battling varicose veins, and although her condition is not serious, she is taking precautions as it is sunny in her family. She told US Weekly that she travels with compression socks, which help prevent varicose veins because the condition is genetic.
According to a blog by Monique Robinson, the Cruel The actor underwent treatment for varicose veins in 2006 and revealed that she used to wear long dresses to hide the condition. After her surgery, she started wearing dresses again, regardless of her varicose veins.
Bollywood star Taapsee Pannu opened up about having varicose veins on her social media account and revealed that she underwent surgery to have them removed. She then started training and exercising again only a few weeks after the procedure.
the sex and the city The star was rumored to have the condition when it was reported by online publications. She reportedly sought treatment for it in 2008.
The popular singer developed varicose veins at an early stage in her life. The singer is a mother of two children, and pregnancy is one of the main causes of the disease. The singer, however, sought treatment for it in 2012.
What are varicose veins?
When a person has varicose veins, they develop blue or purple veins on their body, usually on their legs and feet. The exact cause of the disease is not known and it is usually mild. The condition is also asymptomatic for some but can be extremely painful for others. Those experiencing pain and discomfort should see a medical professional, as this hints at an underlying circulatory problem.
This is what varicose veins look like
Causes of varicose veins
- As mentioned above, there is no single cause for the medical condition. The condition can creep up on people as they begin to age and grow old.
- Those who use tobacco products are also at high risk of having varicose veins.
- Another cause is genetics, because if the condition runs in her family, she will become more likely to develop it herself.
- Standing or sitting for long periods can also be one of the causes of people having varicose veins.
- Excessive weight gain will also put pressure on the blood vessels and cause the disease to develop.
Treatment of varicose veins
- Raising the legs helps reduce pressure on the veins and will also increase blood flow to the legs if they are elevated above hip level.
- Wearing elastic stockings or compression socks helps relieve discomfort and increases blood flow.
- Injection therapy involves a medical professional injecting a solution into the veins, causing them to stick together.
- Laser therapy may also be chosen, as it closes damaged veins.
- In vein surgery, the veins are stripped or tied off to prevent them from reappearing.