Wednesday is the last day for many Disney Store stores.
The Walt Disney Co. previously announced plans to close nearly 60 of its full-size retail stores across the country “by September 15”. On Tuesday, the store locator tool did not show which locations had already closed and which are ending clearance sales on Wednesday.
Two other sites are expected to close “on or before” September 22.
After the latest closings, there will be around two dozen stores left, the store locator said on Tuesday. The closures do not affect more than 600 stores in Disney theme parks and other locations, including small Disney stores in Target stores.
►Happy Meal toys:McDonald’s Disney toys arrive in Happy Meals to mark Disney World’s 50th anniversary
►New Disney Store locations:Target to add more than 100 Disney Store stores by end of 2021, publishes list of best toys
The company said in March it was reducing the number of stores to focus on its e-commerce business. He announced nearly 40 closures in March.
“As consumer behavior has shifted towards online shopping, the global pandemic has changed what consumers expect from a retailer,” said Stephanie Young, president of consumer products, games and publishing, in a press release at the time.
The closures come as Target plans to open more than 100 new Disney stores in its stores by the end of 2021. It’s also just ahead of Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
California, which is losing 18 stores after the Sacramento store closes on Sept. 22, will have five remaining stores, the most of any state. Texas will have four stores, but many states will only have one location.
►Save better, spend better: Money tips and advice delivered straight to your inbox. register here
►Advent calendars 2021:Aldi unveils Advent wine calendar with $ 10 price drop in stores on November 3
Disney Store stores close “on or before” September 15
Disney stores close on or before September 22
These two stores will close by September 22 at the latest:
- Sacramento, CA: Arden Fair, 1689 Arden Way
- McLean, Virginia: Tysons Corner Center, 1961 Chain Bridge Road
Disney Store locations: always open
The following locations were not listed as closed as of September 14:
Disney Store Locations in California
- Camarillo: Camarillo Outlet, 500 E. Ventura Blvd.
- Commerce: Citadelle points of sale, 100 Citadel Drive
- Livermore: San Francisco Premium Outlets, 2774 Livermore Outlets Drive
- Ontario: Ontario Mills, 1 Mills Circle
- San Diego: The Shops of Las Americas, 4321 Camino De La Plaza
Florida Disney Store
- Destin: Silver Sands Outlet Stores, 10406 Emerald Coast Parkway
Disney Missouri Store
- Branson: Tanger Outlets Branson, 300 Tanger Blvd.
Nevada Disney Store
- Las Vegas: Las Vegas North Premium Outlets, 875 S Grand Central Parkway
New Jersey Disney Store
- Elizabeth: Jersey Gardens Outlet, 651 Kapkowski Road
New York Disney Store
Ohio Disney Store
- Monroe: Cincinnati Premium Outlet, 400 Premium Outlets Drive
Oklahoma Disney Store
- Woodburn: Woodburn Outlet, 1001 Arney Road
Pennsylvania Disney Store
- Hershey: Tanger Factory Outlet – Hershey, 127 Outlet Square
- Lancaster: Rockvale Square Outlets, 35 South Willowdale Drive
South Carolina Disney Store
- Myrtle Beach: Tanger Outlets – Myrtle Beach Highway 17, 10835 Kings Highway
Disney Store of Tennessee
Texas Disney Store Locations
- Canutillo: Outlet Shoppes in El Paso, 7051 South Desert Boulevard
- Cypress: Houston Premium Outlet, 29300 Hempstead Road
- Grapevine: Grapevine Mills, 3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway
- San Marcos: Tanger Outlets San Marcos, 4015 I-35 South
Disney store locations in Washington
- Bellevue: Place Bellevue, 172 Place Bellevue
- Tulalip: Seattle Premium Outlets, 10600 Quil Ceda Blvd.
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko. For shopping news, tips and deals, join us on our Shopping Ninjas Facebook group.