Cristiano Ronaldo has denied claims that he could leave Juventus this summer to join David Beckham’s new MLS team, Inter Miami.
Former Manchester United and England captain Beckham said his club would have a chance to sign Ronaldo or Lionel Messi from Barcelona in the years to come.
But the Portuguese star denied the claims and insisted he was happy in Turin.
“I’m happy,” Ronaldo told Sky Sports.
“I am in the best club in Italy, I play alongside the best players. I’m glad we won trophies last year – and this year I also hope to win.
“As an individual, I am happy. I went to Juventus to score goals and do my best and I am very happy. “
Nice to meet you
Neville releases clip of himself popping champagne as Liverpool’s undefeated run ends
The 35-year-old’s comments come after Beckham insisted he hoped to reward some of the world’s best footballers at his club.
“Well, you know what, we have great opportunities in Miami,” said Beckham on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday.
“We have been contacted by many different players about the possibility of joining the team.
“As with any owner, you really want the best players and if we have the ability to bring in players like Cristiano or Leo, I have such admiration for them as athletes, if we could bring in those players. “