Here are some significant developments:
- A little-known provision of Biden’s stimulus package will pay underprivileged farmers billions of dollars – a quarter of whom are black – and experts say it is the most important law for black farmers since the civil rights.
- House lawmakers could vote on the $ 1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package as early as Tuesday, putting President Biden on track to signing it by the end of the week.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released advice on what fully immunized Americans can do, saying they can visit their nearby grandchildren and have dinner together indoors.
- The stimulus bill also gives airlines, airports and transit agencies billions of dollars to help avoid holidays and offset the sharp drop in passenger numbers and airmen during the pandemic.
- More than half a million Americans have died from the coronavirus while nearly 29 million cases have been reported.